I spent my childhood in Europe before moving to Sun Valley, Idaho, and exploring the West Coast. I now live in Bushwick, Brooklyn, and the only thing I love more than travel is books.
Curious Countryside Explorer
- Ancient Civilizations
- Why do you travel? I love finding new places and seeking out beauty everywhere I go.
- What’s one thing you never travel without? Two things: A good book and a bathing suit.
- City or country? Country, of course. (But maybe one night in the city on the way there…)
- Do you like traveling solo? Not at all. My favorite memories with friends and family are all travel-related.
- What’s on your travel bucket list? I add to this on a daily basis but right now Sri Lanka, Cuba, Turkey, Morocco, and Peru top my list.
- If you had limitless funds, what would be your dream destination? Easy: A two week glamping safari in Tanzania followed by a few nights in an overwater bungalow in the Maldives.
- What was your worst travel experience? Being stranded in suburban Utah the night before an early flight out of Salt Lake City, with no hotel vacancies within a 100 mile radius. It was too cold to sleep in the car and we ended up at a roadside motel in Provo with bars on the windows and hair all over the bed.
- If you could live in any hotel, which would it be? Not a roadside motel in Provo, UT. If we're being practical, I might say the penthouse of the Wythe Hotel in Williamsburg, but I'm a huge fan of low-key isolated luxury, so I would choose La Bahia, in Nicaragua.
- What are your favorite destinations to visit? I love the American Southwest for the dramatic landscapes and the Mediterranean for the food, history, and culture. I also highly recommend Burning Man to (almost) anybody who hasn't been and doesn't mind a bit of dust.
- When were you first bitten by the travel bug? While working on organic farms in Iceland, France, and Italy after high school and hearing stories from other travelers about places like India and the Faroe Islands.
Long Weekend in East Hampton
Despite the influx of celebrities and financiers, East Hampton is a hip town with a thriving arts an...
Arts & Culture
Art Lover’s Guide to Maine
From an art-forward boutique hotel in Rockland to America’s most underrated art museum in Port...
5 New Books to Read on Your Next Vacation
No matter where you’re headed, here are the 5 best new books to read in the plane or car....