- Amanda Sadlowski
- Arabella Bowen
- Caroline Trefler
- Doug Stallings
- Eric Wechter
- Kristan Schiller
- Linda Cabasin
- Luke Epplin
- Margaret Kelly
- Mark Sullivan
- Michael Alan Connelly
- Perrie Hartz
- Róisín Cameron
- Salwa Jabado
Editor, Cities and Cultural Destinations
Born and raised in Florida, I slowly moved my way up the East Coast to New York City. My longest stop along the way Washington D.C., my adopted hometown. Now it's weekdays in Manhattan, weekends in the Catskills.
City & Culture Explorer
- Why do you travel? The travel bug isn’t something that you choose—it chooses you.
- What’s one thing you never travel without? A tiny picture of Maximón, the bad-boy saint of Guatemala.
- City or country? I'm into cities, but that includes those built centuries ago by the Aztecs or the Incas.
- What’s the first thing you do when you arrive in a new place? Usually find something to eat. We were in Lisbon 10 minutes before I found the guy selling roasted chestnuts.
- Carry-on or checked? Checked—like a friend recently said, I'd rather save my back than save a few bucks .
- Where did you have your most unforgettable meal? In Orvieto, Italy. We ate a kilo of pecorino on the steps of a cheese shop. And then we went to lunch.
- What’s on your travel bucket list? Burma for the temples. Greenland for the puffins. Madagascar for lemurs.
- What's the most unusual place you have stayed on a trip? On a wooden platform high in the trees of the Amazon. At dawn we were eye level with macaws flying past.
- When were you first bitten by the travel bug? When I was a kid I was already obsessed with maps. I cut them out of National Geographic and taped them to my bedroom walls.
- What's your first travel memory? Going to Disney World, and finding out when we got there that it was still under construction.
D-Day Draw: Why Normandy Still Lures Americans, 70 Years Later
June 03, 2014
Traveling with pricey items? Hotels aren’t always thief-proof
March 24, 2014
Arts & Culture
Step Into: ‘A Five Star Life’
An inside look at the exquisite properties featured in the new film A Five Star Life....
Q&A: Chef Greg Marchand of Frenchie in Paris
The author of Frenchie: New Bistro Cooking chats about fresh ingredients, the best res...
5 Reasons To Visit the Catskills Now
For rustic accommodations, first-rate breweries, and stunning landscapes, set your sights on the Cat...