- Amanda Sadlowski
- Arabella Bowen
- Caroline Trefler
- Doug Stallings
- Eric Wechter
- Kristan Schiller
- Linda Cabasin
- Luke Epplin
- Margaret Kelly
- Mark Sullivan
- Michael Alan Connelly
- Perrie Hartz
- Róisín Cameron
- Salwa Jabado
Associate Editor, Countryside and Adventure
I'm an editor, writer, and inveterate traveler. Originally from southern Illinois, I lived in South America for several years and now call Queens home.
- Outdoor adventures
- Why do you travel? I travel for the sheer physicality of the experience: trekking through unknown streets, drifting among points on a map. For me, travel should be exhausting—but in a good way!
- What’s one thing you never travel without? Books.
- City or country? Country.
- Train, plane, or ship? Train, if possible; plane, if necessary (I'm oddly afraid of flying); ship as a last resort.
- Carry-on or checked? Carry-on.
- What was your worst travel experience? On the first day of a trip to Patagonia, my backpack and passport were stolen. I trekked around the region for two weeks without a change of clothes.
- What’s on your travel bucket list? African safari, New Zealand outdoor excursion, Antarctica cruise, and Himalayan trekking.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Chile, because of the wonderful friends I've made there. The flavorful, cheap wine doesn't hurt either.
- What is your favorite time of year to travel? For me, there's nothing more refreshing than trudging into a cold plane in winter and emerging, hours late, in a warm destination.
- When were you first bitten by the travel bug? I didn't become a convert until journeying to South America, where I picked up Spanish, gained a circle of lifelong friends, and took time to know a handful of countries intimately.
4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
Hearty cuisine, a robust wine country, and Roman architecture are just some of the reasons to visit ...
5 Reasons to Explore Hana, Maui
When you reach the end of the Hana Highway, don't be in a hurry to head back. We give you five r...
Ask Fodor’s: How Can I Save Money on Getting to Iguazu Falls?
One of our editors gives money- and time-saving advice on traveling to this stunning lnatural wonder...