- Amanda Sadlowski
- Arabella Bowen
- Caroline Trefler
- Doug Stallings
- Eric Wechter
- Kristan Schiller
- Linda Cabasin
- Luke Epplin
- Margaret Kelly
- Michael Alan Connelly
- Perrie Hartz
- Róisín Cameron
- Salwa Jabado
Editor, Cruises and Resorts
I earned my first mileage points early, moving from L.A. to New York at 3 months old. I’ve lived in Las Vegas and my Fodor’s travels have taken me to destinations far and wide, including Kenya, Belize, and Budapest.
Rest & Recreation Seeker
- Why do you travel? Sometimes just to relax—to concern myself with nothing other than where to lounge or eat next. Other times to "inject a disproportionate amount of novelty" to my life; to experience the time warp of the Holiday Paradox.
- What’s one thing you never travel without? My inner child, who thoroughly appreciates nap time and the magic of discovery.
- City or country? Country.
- Carry-on or checked? Checked. I know—heresy! But I like being unencumbered. Save a back, check a bag. Carry-on for short trips.
- Where did you have your most unforgettable meal? In recent memory it was at the Buffet Chef's Table at the Bellagio Buffet.
- What’s on your travel bucket list? Glacier National Park (before the glaciers disappear!). A Norway cruise to see the Northern Lights.
- What is your favorite time of year to travel? Summer. Often to warm-weather destinations—less crowds, more savings, no winter storms to delay or cancel plans.
- If you had limitless funds, what would be your dream destination? I'd probably do a small-ship cruise of the South Pacific—a Polynesia itinerary—and end with a top-to-bottom exploration of New Zealand or Australia.
- When were you first bitten by the travel bug? At fifteen, I did a two-week through-hike in the Catskills as part of a counselor-in-training program.
- If you could take a 3-month sabbatical, where would you go? Actually, I'm planning a hike on the Appalachian Trail with my son for my upcoming (1 month) sabbatical. If I had 3 months, I'd add mountain biking on the White Rim Trail in Utah.
Nashville’s 5 Best Coffee Spots
The number of high-quality, independent coffeehouses in Music City has increased exponentially, crea...
Cruise Preview: ‘Viking Star’
We take you inside one of the year's most anticipated new cruise ships, on its inaugural jo...
Fall 2014 Guide to Las Vegas
Sin City is in the midst of one of its biggest and most exciting transformations in more than a deca...