Senior Editor, Cruises and Resorts
A native Kansan, I moved to NYC after college, found a job through the Village Voice, and realized I'm a city person. I live on the Upper East Side and love Central Park, though not as much as my dog.
- Why do you travel? I love to experience new places, but I also enjoy revisiting favorites as much as seeing new ones.
- What’s one thing you never travel without? Comfortable shoes.
- Carry-on or checked? Carry-on (whenever possible).
- What’s on your travel bucket list? Three places I have never been: Japan, South Africa, and the Galapagos.
- Where’s your favorite beach in the world? The Philippines, Boracay.
- Why do you travel? It's the joy of discovering new places—and finding the undiscovered in places I've been to before.
- What is your favorite book or genre of books? I generally favor novels, science fiction in particular.
- What is your favorite time of year to travel? I love to travel in the early fall.
- What will always earn a spot in your carry-on? An iPad or iPhone and a $100 bill. I also never travel without a travel-size bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release.
- When were you first bitten by the travel bug? My first trip abroad was to the Costa del Sol, flying out of the old TWA terminal at JFK. It was the most exciting thing I'd ever done in my life, and I couldn't then (and still can't) imagine not going away every chance I get.
7 Pro Carry-On Packing Hacks for Your Next Weekend Getaway
May 20, 2016
New York Today: Tips on Tipping
April 07, 2016
Going to Disney? Here’s How to Handle the Parks’ New Pricing
March 05, 2016
Why Everybody’s Dying to Go to This Caribbean Island
December 01, 2015
20 New Things to Do at Walt Disney World
This summer there are dozens of new restaurants, attractions, and activities to merit a visit to Wal...
What to Eat and Buy at Europe’s Christmas Markets on the Danube
European markets sell locally made crafts, delicious Christmas sweets, ornaments, candles, ceramics,...
Cruise Preview: Royal Caribbean’s ‘Quantum of the Seas’ Debuts
Get a glimpse of the robot bartenders and the exciting activities offered onboard Royal Caribbean...