- Amanda Sadlowski
- Arabella Bowen
- Caroline Trefler
- Doug Stallings
- Eric Wechter
- Kristan Schiller
- Linda Cabasin
- Luke Epplin
- Margaret Kelly
- Mark Sullivan
- Michael Alan Connelly
- Perrie Hartz
- Róisín Cameron
- Salwa Jabado
Originally from Connecticut, I grew up exploring New England before moving to New York City for college. After brief stints in Dublin and London, I took my passion for all things travel to Fodor's.
- Road Trips
- Why do you travel? Simply put, to understand: myself, my fellow travelers, other cultures, where we came from, where we might be going.
- What’s one thing you never travel without? A good book for long plane/train/bus rides.
- What’s the first thing you do when you arrive in a new place? Find the best place for coffee, which will be essential for the rest of the trip.
- Where did you have your most unforgettable meal? On a road trip through the Oaxacan hills in Mexico, I ate at a roadside shack that served homemade quesadillas and tacos with ingredients from nearby farms. I could spend the rest of my life taking cooking classes from every Mexican grandmother in the world, and I still wouldn't be able to recreate that meal.
- What’s on your travel bucket list? Honestly, everywhere.
- What are your favorite countries, destinations to travel to? I always love going back to the places I've spent the most time in: namely Dublin and London. There's nothing like feeling you're returning home to a place that's an ocean away.
- If you had limitless funds, what would be your dream destination? Go on a major tour of South America: climb Machu Picchu, visit the islands of Lake Titicaca, feast in Buenos Aires, drink wine in Patagonia, party in Rio, take a trek on the Amazon, go to the end of the world at Tierra del Fuego—and explore everywhere in between.
- What's your first travel memory? I spent many summers as a kid road-tripping up to the White Mountains in New Hampshire.
- What items do you always try to bring back as souvenirs? I try to bring back something I can share with others (a bottle of wine or liquor is always a good choice). I also like things people notice and can ask about (jewelry and home decorations are great for this), so I can retell my trip stories.
- If you could take a 3-month sabbatical, where would you go? I would finally take the time to explore the U.S. with a road trip hitting each continental state. I haven't spent nearly enough time in non-cities.
5 Reasons to Visit North Wales
Charming villages, majestic scenery, and medieval castles await visitors in North Wales....
Ask Fodor’s: Should I Drive from Prague to Zagreb?
One of our editors explains the pros and cons of road-tripping from Prague to Zagreb....
Long Weekend in Providence, Rhode Island
For a weekend of small-town charm and culture (with world-class art credentials), look no further th...