Windstar Cruises Returns to French Polynesia
It's no secret that some cruise itineraries are more magical than others. Warm breezes, beautiful island vistas, and exotic ports of call help set the stage for those quintessential moments aboard ship when everything seems perfect. Cruise travelers have long coveted South Pacific sojourns for these reasons and, starting in May of 2014, they'll have a new option to consider: Windstar Cruises.
Windstar isn't exactly a newcomer to French Polynesia. The line used to sail its Wind Song motor-sail-yacht there years ago. They've been absent from the market for 10 years though. And guests have been badgering the cruise line to return to Tahiti since 2002 and that wish is finally being granted.
Between May 2 and November 7, 2014, the 148-passenger Wind Spirit will sail seven-night roundtrip voyages from Papeete, Tahiti. The six-sail yacht will visit the islands of Moorea, Taha'a, Raiatea, Huahine, and Bora Bora.
Wind Spirit is a small and agile ship and is perfectly suited to navigate the South Pacific. The ship—fresh from a multi-million-dollar renovation—is primed for these new voyages that will make extensive use of its onboard marina and waterspouts platform. Guests will have access to paddle boards, kayaks, and snorkel equipment and will be able to water ski and wind surf direction from the ship.
What else is in store? Windstar will host a once-per-cruise pull-out-all-the-stops BBQ, invite local Tahitian dancers to entertain aboard the ship, and will offer a cadre of interesting shore excursions that delve deep into Polynesian culture.
These Tahiti-based voyages go on-sale in mid-March 2013, so start making your plans.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Windstar Cruises
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $749 & up -- 9-Night Bermuda & Caribbean Cruise, Save $600Royal Caribbean
- $86 & up -- 4-Diamond Myrtle Beach Resort incl. BreakfastNorth Beach Plantation
- $45 & up -- Las Vegas Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $15 & up -- Nationwide Car Rentals in Spring, 65% OffHertz
- $2679 & up -- Italy: Tuscany Villa Vacation w/Air & CarSceptre Tours
- $3999 -- Oceanview Suite: 10-Night Luxury Asia CruiseWindstar Cruises