Windstar Cruises Returns to French Polynesia
It's no secret that some cruise itineraries are more magical than others. Warm breezes, beautiful island vistas, and exotic ports of call help set the stage for those quintessential moments aboard ship when everything seems perfect. Cruise travelers have long coveted South Pacific sojourns for these reasons and, starting in May of 2014, they'll have a new option to consider: Windstar Cruises.
Windstar isn't exactly a newcomer to French Polynesia. The line used to sail its Wind Song motor-sail-yacht there years ago. They've been absent from the market for 10 years though. And guests have been badgering the cruise line to return to Tahiti since 2002 and that wish is finally being granted.
Between May 2 and November 7, 2014, the 148-passenger Wind Spirit will sail seven-night roundtrip voyages from Papeete, Tahiti. The six-sail yacht will visit the islands of Moorea, Taha'a, Raiatea, Huahine, and Bora Bora.
Wind Spirit is a small and agile ship and is perfectly suited to navigate the South Pacific. The ship—fresh from a multi-million-dollar renovation—is primed for these new voyages that will make extensive use of its onboard marina and waterspouts platform. Guests will have access to paddle boards, kayaks, and snorkel equipment and will be able to water ski and wind surf direction from the ship.
What else is in store? Windstar will host a once-per-cruise pull-out-all-the-stops BBQ, invite local Tahitian dancers to entertain aboard the ship, and will offer a cadre of interesting shore excursions that delve deep into Polynesian culture.
These Tahiti-based voyages go on-sale in mid-March 2013, so start making your plans.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Windstar Cruises
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Budget-Friendly Getaways for Spring 2015
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015