Win 5 Luxe Nights in the French Alps
If you've ever dreamt of waking up to a sparkling white winter morning in the French Alps, here's your chance to bring the fantasy to life. Tablet Hotels and Fodor's Travel are giving away the ultimate Alpine escape—a five-night stay for two at the swanky Altapura hotel in Val Thorens, France, with its rooms decked out in plush furs and a bar well stocked with bubbly. Enter here for your chance to win!
Hit the Slopes
With its slope-side setting in Val Thorens — the biggest, highest-altitude ski area in the Alps — Altapura puts serious skiers on some prime mountain real estate. For another perspective on the French Alps, nearby Megève is one of the region's most famous ski towns. Spend the morning strapped into your skis and kick them off for a drink at the design-meets-chalet-chic Le Lodge Park.
You'll not want for mouthwatering treats in the Alps. And the ski-in, ski-out Altapura has plenty to offer at their intimate and cozy café, La Laiterie. Or you could skip the hot toddies and head straight for the spa. Altapura's Pure Altitude has seven treatment rooms and a heated indoor pool to soothe those weary muscles.
Alternatively, spend the evening at Les Suites de la Potinière, in the highest (and glitziest) of the Courchevel villages. The urbane all-suite hotel is home to an après-ski lounge with a distinctly modern nightlife vibe.
Wine and Dine
All that skiing and après-skiing is bound to make a traveler hungry for more, and here the Alps deliver. Altapura's 2.Mille.3 restaurant is a light and airy eatery with a gorgeous terrace, offering traditional alpine dinners from the rotisserie as well as excellent local cheeses. Or book at the hotel's decidedly more adult Les Enfants Terribles, whose dark, glamorous atmosphere sets the tone for an entire menu of black truffle dishes.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Tablet Hotels
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Where to Eat in Montreal Now
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $474 -- Bahamas 4-Night Cruise w/Tips & All DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $75 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Sale into 2015, O/WVirgin America
- $1065 & up -- 6-Nt. Madrid & Barcelona Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $2499 -- Panama Canal 15-Nt. Cruise incl. Unlimited DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $599 -- Balcony on New Norwegian Ship w/$250 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $150-$168 -- Cancun All-Incl. Resort in Peak Season, 60% OffHotel Riu Palace Peninsula