Win 5 Luxe Nights in the French Alps
If you've ever dreamt of waking up to a sparkling white winter morning in the French Alps, here's your chance to bring the fantasy to life. Tablet Hotels and Fodor's Travel are giving away the ultimate Alpine escape—a five-night stay for two at the swanky Altapura hotel in Val Thorens, France, with its rooms decked out in plush furs and a bar well stocked with bubbly. Enter here for your chance to win!
Hit the Slopes
With its slope-side setting in Val Thorens — the biggest, highest-altitude ski area in the Alps — Altapura puts serious skiers on some prime mountain real estate. For another perspective on the French Alps, nearby Megève is one of the region's most famous ski towns. Spend the morning strapped into your skis and kick them off for a drink at the design-meets-chalet-chic Le Lodge Park.
You'll not want for mouthwatering treats in the Alps. And the ski-in, ski-out Altapura has plenty to offer at their intimate and cozy café, La Laiterie. Or you could skip the hot toddies and head straight for the spa. Altapura's Pure Altitude has seven treatment rooms and a heated indoor pool to soothe those weary muscles.
Alternatively, spend the evening at Les Suites de la Potinière, in the highest (and glitziest) of the Courchevel villages. The urbane all-suite hotel is home to an après-ski lounge with a distinctly modern nightlife vibe.
Wine and Dine
All that skiing and après-skiing is bound to make a traveler hungry for more, and here the Alps deliver. Altapura's 2.Mille.3 restaurant is a light and airy eatery with a gorgeous terrace, offering traditional alpine dinners from the rotisserie as well as excellent local cheeses. Or book at the hotel's decidedly more adult Les Enfants Terribles, whose dark, glamorous atmosphere sets the tone for an entire menu of black truffle dishes.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Tablet Hotels
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Things NOT to Do in Chicago
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 10 Best Luxury Hotels to Visit in the Off-Season
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $44 & up -- Las Vegas Upscale Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $799 -- Balcony on 7-Night Caribbean Cruise w/$250 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $746* & up -- Winter Fares to Europe from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $400 Off -- Fly to Australia on 'World's Best Airline' (R/T)Cathay Pacific
- $1999 -- China: Last Minute Luxe Yangtze River Cruise w/AirSinorama Holidays