Weekly Roundup: Why We Love Boston
This week has been a strange and tragic one, to be sure. We have followed the events in Boston with heavy hearts here at Fodor's. Many of us have spent a good deal of time in that city and so this week, we're dedicating our weekly roundup of stories to good ol' Beantown.
If you are looking to help in the aftermath of Monday afternoon's bombings near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, there are Boston-area restaurants rallying to support vicims. All you have to do is choose one.
Boston is all but empty in the summertime, when the usually student-filled streets and sights are left open for visitors. Here are ten (more) reasons to visit Beantown this summer.
New England hosts a cornucopia of food festivals throughout summer and fall that pay tribute to local food and cuisine, from blueberries to lobster, and cheese to chowder. Here are five great ways to get a taste of New England.
Boston has plenty of things for visitors and locals to do, of course, but Cape Cod's cool breezes, Newport's glittery mansions, and the terrific cultural offerings of the Berkshires are some of the area's most enticing draws.
From Boston's Childrens Museum to the Plimoth Plantation and the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, there are endless kid-friendly charms in New England. Here are some of our favorites.
Photo credits: Chowderfest courtesy of Boston Harbor Fest/Chowderfest; Cape Cod via Shutterstock; Little Girl at Boston Children's Museum courtesy of Boston Childrens Museum/Paul Specht; Boston aerial view via Shutterstock
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I am totally agree with you.. because of all these reasons we Love Boston... I will say that there is no better city than Boston..
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- $849-$952 -- Fiji & South Pacific Fare Sale (Roundtrip)Fiji Airways
- $79 -- Oceanfront Suite at Myrtle Beach in Spring, 50% OffIsland Vista Resort
- $299 & up -- 4-Nt. Carnival Cruise to Key West & CozumelCarnival Cruise Line
- $199 & up -- Bahamas: Weekend Cruises on Norwegian w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $89 & up -- OR: Portland Hotel Sale up to 45% OffTravel Portland
- $359 -- Luxe 4-Diamond Phoenix Resort, 4th Night FreeArizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel