Weekly Roundup: Why We Love Boston
This week has been a strange and tragic one, to be sure. We have followed the events in Boston with heavy hearts here at Fodor's. Many of us have spent a good deal of time in that city and so this week, we're dedicating our weekly roundup of stories to good ol' Beantown.
If you are looking to help in the aftermath of Monday afternoon's bombings near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, there are Boston-area restaurants rallying to support vicims. All you have to do is choose one.
Boston is all but empty in the summertime, when the usually student-filled streets and sights are left open for visitors. Here are ten (more) reasons to visit Beantown this summer.
New England hosts a cornucopia of food festivals throughout summer and fall that pay tribute to local food and cuisine, from blueberries to lobster, and cheese to chowder. Here are five great ways to get a taste of New England.
Boston has plenty of things for visitors and locals to do, of course, but Cape Cod's cool breezes, Newport's glittery mansions, and the terrific cultural offerings of the Berkshires are some of the area's most enticing draws.
From Boston's Childrens Museum to the Plimoth Plantation and the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, there are endless kid-friendly charms in New England. Here are some of our favorites.
Photo credits: Chowderfest courtesy of Boston Harbor Fest/Chowderfest; Cape Cod via Shutterstock; Little Girl at Boston Children's Museum courtesy of Boston Childrens Museum/Paul Specht; Boston aerial view via Shutterstock
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $769 & up -- Punta Cana: All-Incl. Family Trip w/WaterparkApple Vacations
- $1215* & up -- Fly RT to Sydney or Auckland w/Fiji StopoverPacificislands.com
- $125 & up -- Vancouver Stanley Park Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $165 & up -- SC: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, Save 40%The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa