Weekly Roundup: Why We Love Boston
This week has been a strange and tragic one, to be sure. We have followed the events in Boston with heavy hearts here at Fodor's. Many of us have spent a good deal of time in that city and so this week, we're dedicating our weekly roundup of stories to good ol' Beantown.
If you are looking to help in the aftermath of Monday afternoon's bombings near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, there are Boston-area restaurants rallying to support vicims. All you have to do is choose one.
Boston is all but empty in the summertime, when the usually student-filled streets and sights are left open for visitors. Here are ten (more) reasons to visit Beantown this summer.
New England hosts a cornucopia of food festivals throughout summer and fall that pay tribute to local food and cuisine, from blueberries to lobster, and cheese to chowder. Here are five great ways to get a taste of New England.
Boston has plenty of things for visitors and locals to do, of course, but Cape Cod's cool breezes, Newport's glittery mansions, and the terrific cultural offerings of the Berkshires are some of the area's most enticing draws.
From Boston's Childrens Museum to the Plimoth Plantation and the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, there are endless kid-friendly charms in New England. Here are some of our favorites.
Photo credits: Chowderfest courtesy of Boston Harbor Fest/Chowderfest; Cape Cod via Shutterstock; Little Girl at Boston Children's Museum courtesy of Boston Childrens Museum/Paul Specht; Boston aerial view via Shutterstock
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $4999 -- 16-Day Luxe Transatlantic Cruise to London w/AirOceania Cruises
- $856* & up -- Europe Spring Fare Sale from the U.S. (R/T)Air France
- $3599 -- Balcony: Weeklong Mediterranean Cruise w/AirfareOceania Cruises
- $188 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 45% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
- $1749 & up -- 5-Star Luxe Oahu Vacation w/Air, $953 OffApple Vacations
- $999 -- 10-Nt. Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$150 Onboard CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet