Weekly Roundup: Why We Love Boston
This week has been a strange and tragic one, to be sure. We have followed the events in Boston with heavy hearts here at Fodor's. Many of us have spent a good deal of time in that city and so this week, we're dedicating our weekly roundup of stories to good ol' Beantown.
If you are looking to help in the aftermath of Monday afternoon's bombings near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, there are Boston-area restaurants rallying to support vicims. All you have to do is choose one.
Boston is all but empty in the summertime, when the usually student-filled streets and sights are left open for visitors. Here are ten (more) reasons to visit Beantown this summer.
New England hosts a cornucopia of food festivals throughout summer and fall that pay tribute to local food and cuisine, from blueberries to lobster, and cheese to chowder. Here are five great ways to get a taste of New England.
Boston has plenty of things for visitors and locals to do, of course, but Cape Cod's cool breezes, Newport's glittery mansions, and the terrific cultural offerings of the Berkshires are some of the area's most enticing draws.
From Boston's Childrens Museum to the Plimoth Plantation and the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, there are endless kid-friendly charms in New England. Here are some of our favorites.
Photo credits: Chowderfest courtesy of Boston Harbor Fest/Chowderfest; Cape Cod via Shutterstock; Little Girl at Boston Children's Museum courtesy of Boston Childrens Museum/Paul Specht; Boston aerial view via Shutterstock
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I am totally agree with you.. because of all these reasons we Love Boston... I will say that there is no better city than Boston..
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $599 & up -- Bermuda: Weeklong Cruises w/3 Days in PortNorwegian Cruise Line
- $239 & up -- 5-Night Caribbean Cruise incl. Cayman IslandsCarnival Cruise Line
- $78 & up -- NYC: Manhattan Hotel near Times Square, 70% OffBookIt.com
- $161 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 30% OffSheraton Boston
- $131 & up -- Toronto Harbor Hotel incl. Weekends, Save 35%Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $109* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale O/WVirgin America