Austen in England, Warhol in Vegas: Weekly Roundup
We’ve following Mayle to Marseille, Warhol to Vegas, and Jane Austen to the English countryside this week. Did you miss a beat? We've got you covered with our roundup of the week's top stories.
You want to be the one who knows the Next Big Trip, don't you? Stay on top of travel trends with our recommendations for top US destinations this year.
A lover of, and expert on, all things South of France (including, but not limited to quirky characters and great food and wine), Peter Mayle has brought us on countless adventures through Provence, Marseille, and beyond. We caught up with him to chat about his latest caper.
Mendoza's main draw is no secret. It starts with an M and ends with -albec. But there's more to this stunning Argentinian region (think hot springs, festivals, restaurants) and now's the time to go.
Jane Austen aficionados know that this week is the 200th anniversary of Pride and Prejudice. To honor it, we've drawn up an Austen-inspired itinerary (i.e. another excuse to hit the English countryside).
The future is upon us and it's looking bright. From a luggage tracker and a fork that buzzes when you eat too fast to video snow goggles, these are the most enticing travel gadgets coming out in 2013.
Vegas is getting a new look, courtesy of an Andy Warhol exhibit at the Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art, with 59 paintings, sculptures, and more. The King of Pop hits the Strip.
This is it. Your kids want to go to Disney and you want to give them those lifelong memories. But it's a big park and there's lots to know before you go. Don't fret, we've got an expert on the case.
Photo Credits: Albuquerque via Stacey_newman/iStockphoto; Marseille via Shutterstock; Mendoza wine grapes courtesy of Hernan F. Rodriguez; Derbyshire via Shutterstock; Travel Tech: 1. GlobaTrac, LLC; 2. Eton Corporation; 3. dexim Inc.; 4. Via www.techcrunch.com; 5. Harman International Industries, Inc.; 6. LIQUID IMAGE CO. ; 7. ARCHOS; 8. Zound Industries International AB; 9. www.hapilabs.com; 10. Twelve South LLC.; Andy Warhol, Campbell's Soup II: Tomato-Beef Noodle O's, 1969, Collection of The Andy Warhol Museum, Pittsburgh © 2012 The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, Inc. / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York; Andy Warhol (American, 1928-1987)
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 5 Best Perks of Flying in Premium Economy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $215 & up -- Florida: 4-Star Hollywood Resort & Spa, 40% OffThe Westin Diplomat
- $1808 & up -- London in Summer: 4-Night Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $1301 & up -- Ireland in Fall: 8-Nt. Trip w/Car from BostonGreat Value Vacations
- Up to 10% Off -- Europe Car Rentals through SummerEnterprise
- $1499 & up -- Ireland in Fall: 8-Nt. Vacation w/Car from SFGreat Value Vacations
- $224 & up -- NYC: Times Square Westin thru Summer, Reg. $400The Westin New York Times Square