In Case You Missed It: Weekly Roundup
Missed a dose of Fodor's this week? We've got you covered with a roundup of the week's highlights. If you ask us, this weekend seems like the perfect time to catch up.
Expatriate Tales: Living in Istanbul
It is one thing to visit a foreign place and an entirely other thing to live in a country that's not your own. (At the very least, you get to call yourself an expat, which sounds very chic.) Here, one such expat expands on what it's like to live in Istanbul. Read more.
Where to See Wild Animals in Vegas
And no, by "wild animals" we do not mean people watching on the Strip. Las Vegas' resorts are home to an array of exotic animals from sharks and dolphins to leopards and white lions. Read more.
Fodor's Travel Tastemakers: The Cool Hunters Behind Project No. 8
Some people just know where to find the coolest stuff. And the husband-and-wife team behind Project No. 8 are experts when it comes to hunting what's new and interesting from around the world. They stock their brick-and-mortar shops with their greatest finds from Japan to Greece and back again. Read more.
When have you lost sight of the shore? It can be anything from facing fears (zip-lining when you're afraid of heights) to immersing yourself in another culture by eating some wild, exotic thing. Read more.
Where to Drink in New Orleans Now
Whether you're Big Easy-bound for the Super Bowl, Mardi Gras, or just a weekend of great food and drink, there's no lack of fabulous places to imbibe. We did our homework and came up with the top 5 to hit now. Read more.
Insider's Guide to Cartagena
Few Caribbean cities can match the history, vivaciousness, and cultural and culinary offerings of Cartagena. Discover this beachy city's highlights from hilltop castles to the day's freshest catch. Read more.
Cake Boss Climbs Aboard Norwegian Breakaway
Buddy Valastro, fourth generation baker and TLC's Cake Boss, is bringing his signature sweets aboard the Norwegian Breakaway with the launch of Carlo's Bake Shop. Read more.
Photo credits: Istanbul in the evening via Shutterstock; Flamingoes and Pelicans courtesy of Flamingo Las Vegas; Elizabeth and Brian portrait courtesy of Gerald Forster; Carousel Bar courtesy of Deirdre Synan; Castillo San Felipe de Barajas via Shutterstock; Buddy Valastro courtesy of Norwegian Cruise Line; Stockholm via iStockPhoto
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Asheville This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $101 & up -- Puerto Vallarta All-Incl. Beach Resort, 50% OffHotel Riu Palace Pacifico
- $251 & up -- Fall Weekends at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 10% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport
- $269-$289 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffWestin St. Francis
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Seattle
- $269 -- Maui 4-Star Resort on Ka'anapali Beach, Save 35%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $74-$88 -- Dominican Republic: All-Incl. Resort, Save 30%ClubHotel Riu Bambu