Charleston Oysters, Bangkok Flowers, and a Traveling Dog: Weekly Roundup
From roasted oysters in Charleston to flamboyant flowers in Bangkok, we've seen a lot this week—but we wish we were as well-traveled as intrepid explorer Oscar the Traveling Dog. We'll fill you in with our roundup of the week's top stories.
Charleston is a food-lover's haven and the Lee Brothers are its culinary gatekeepers. They're the purveyors of classic southern eats, they write about traveling in South Carolina, and they've got a new Charleston-inspired cookbook out this month. We're all ears, boys.
Gather your sundresses, flip flops, and bathing suits—we're unveiling our super-upgraded beach vacation planner! Think of Fodor's 80 Degrees as your own personal beach concierge.
Want to get in touch with nature, but not necessarily your neighbors? Spot big game by day, and relax in a private resort by night on the African Plains.
Oscar's seen it all. From the Great Wall of China to Machu Picchu, he has traveled all over the world in the interests of both self-enrichment (sightseeing) and raising awareness of pet rescues.
Bangkok is a multi-sensory experience. So why should the city's largest flower market be any different? The bright colors, fragrant smells, and bustling action also make it the city's most enticing.
The Hana Highway is amazing, with waterfalls you need to swim under on one side and black sand beaches begging for leisurely stops on the other. Here are ten tips for getting the most out of the drive.
Verona knows romance. Even without the faux memories of Romeo and Juliet that abound, the city's architecture, food, and streets made for strolling make for a charming, romantic getaway.
Photo Credits: Roasted Oysters via Shutterstock; Private home courtesy of Cottar's Safari Service; Oscar courtesy of Oscar's World Woof Tour; Flower market courtesy of Tamara Kushch / Shutterstock.com by Tamara Kushch via Shutterstock.com; Hana Highway courtesy of Jon Jackson; Verona dining courtesy of Verona Tourism
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $802* & up -- Europe Summer Fare Sale from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $199 -- Hawaii: 4-Star Kauai Beachfront Resort, $110 OffKauai Marriott Resort
- $2544* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $899 -- Suite on Princess 7-Night Cruises w/$275 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $285 -- Oahu: 4-Star Waikiki Beach Resort, Save $100Sheraton Waikiki
- $79 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria