Charleston Oysters, Bangkok Flowers, and a Traveling Dog: Weekly Roundup
From roasted oysters in Charleston to flamboyant flowers in Bangkok, we've seen a lot this week—but we wish we were as well-traveled as intrepid explorer Oscar the Traveling Dog. We'll fill you in with our roundup of the week's top stories.
Charleston is a food-lover's haven and the Lee Brothers are its culinary gatekeepers. They're the purveyors of classic southern eats, they write about traveling in South Carolina, and they've got a new Charleston-inspired cookbook out this month. We're all ears, boys.
Gather your sundresses, flip flops, and bathing suits—we're unveiling our super-upgraded beach vacation planner! Think of Fodor's 80 Degrees as your own personal beach concierge.
Want to get in touch with nature, but not necessarily your neighbors? Spot big game by day, and relax in a private resort by night on the African Plains.
Oscar's seen it all. From the Great Wall of China to Machu Picchu, he has traveled all over the world in the interests of both self-enrichment (sightseeing) and raising awareness of pet rescues.
Bangkok is a multi-sensory experience. So why should the city's largest flower market be any different? The bright colors, fragrant smells, and bustling action also make it the city's most enticing.
The Hana Highway is amazing, with waterfalls you need to swim under on one side and black sand beaches begging for leisurely stops on the other. Here are ten tips for getting the most out of the drive.
Verona knows romance. Even without the faux memories of Romeo and Juliet that abound, the city's architecture, food, and streets made for strolling make for a charming, romantic getaway.
Photo Credits: Roasted Oysters via Shutterstock; Private home courtesy of Cottar's Safari Service; Oscar courtesy of Oscar's World Woof Tour; Flower market courtesy of Tamara Kushch / Shutterstock.com by Tamara Kushch via Shutterstock.com; Hana Highway courtesy of Jon Jackson; Verona dining courtesy of Verona Tourism
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand