Charleston Oysters, Bangkok Flowers, and a Traveling Dog: Weekly Roundup
From roasted oysters in Charleston to flamboyant flowers in Bangkok, we've seen a lot this week—but we wish we were as well-traveled as intrepid explorer Oscar the Traveling Dog. We'll fill you in with our roundup of the week's top stories.
Charleston is a food-lover's haven and the Lee Brothers are its culinary gatekeepers. They're the purveyors of classic southern eats, they write about traveling in South Carolina, and they've got a new Charleston-inspired cookbook out this month. We're all ears, boys.
Gather your sundresses, flip flops, and bathing suits—we're unveiling our super-upgraded beach vacation planner! Think of Fodor's 80 Degrees as your own personal beach concierge.
Want to get in touch with nature, but not necessarily your neighbors? Spot big game by day, and relax in a private resort by night on the African Plains.
Oscar's seen it all. From the Great Wall of China to Machu Picchu, he has traveled all over the world in the interests of both self-enrichment (sightseeing) and raising awareness of pet rescues.
Bangkok is a multi-sensory experience. So why should the city's largest flower market be any different? The bright colors, fragrant smells, and bustling action also make it the city's most enticing.
The Hana Highway is amazing, with waterfalls you need to swim under on one side and black sand beaches begging for leisurely stops on the other. Here are ten tips for getting the most out of the drive.
Verona knows romance. Even without the faux memories of Romeo and Juliet that abound, the city's architecture, food, and streets made for strolling make for a charming, romantic getaway.
Photo Credits: Roasted Oysters via Shutterstock; Private home courtesy of Cottar's Safari Service; Oscar courtesy of Oscar's World Woof Tour; Flower market courtesy of Tamara Kushch / Shutterstock.com by Tamara Kushch via Shutterstock.com; Hana Highway courtesy of Jon Jackson; Verona dining courtesy of Verona Tourism
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $329 & up -- 6-Nt. Carnival Cruise to Jamaica & Grand CaymanCarnival Cruise Line
- $209-$229 -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $105 & up -- 4-Star D.C. Area Westin incl. Weekends, 50% OffThe Westin Reston Heights
- $739 & up -- Alaska: Weeklong Cruises incl. Glacier BayCarnival Cruise Line
- $125 & up -- Philadelphia Area Hotel Sale w/Parking, 45% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $479 & up -- Punta Cana Suite: 5 All-Inclusive Nights w/AirCheapCaribbean.com