W Hotel to Open in Singapore
Debuting on Sept. 16, W Singapore-Sentosa Cove brings to Singapore the cool, posh perks the W chain is known for, as well as a few signature amenities, like the fact that it's on a private island (Sentosa Island) off the city's Southern tip. (As this is just five miles from Singapore's business district, can we say Singapore Fling?)
Inside the 240-room hotel, pegged as a great little escape from bustling Singapore for travelers and locals, are the hotel chain's AWAY Spa and WET outdoor pool, as well as "munchie boxes" (W-speak for mini bars) in each room. It's designed by Rockwell Group, which has become a darling in the hospitality-design world with properties like the recently opened W Paris Opera, W's first property, the W New York (which opened in 1998), and Nobu Restaurants around the world. At this particular hotel, edgy design integrates with a relaxed island vibe. For example, graphic patterns and colors are juxtaposed on the waterfall at the entrance. Behind the welcome desk is a glittery, gold-flecked wall with a huge W in the center. Singapore's national flower (the Vanda Miss Joaquim orchid, of course) infuses all rooms with its scent. Rosewood was chosen as a design element throughout much of the hotel.
The Kitchen Table (all-day dining featuring Chinese, Japanese, and Indian fare) and SKIRT (specializing in steaks prepared on a parilla grill, along with fish and organic produce) are W Singapore's two culinary destinations, in addition to the poolside fare at WET. Cocktails are crafted at WOOBAR to the tune of music spun by a DJ. As the hotel is nestled in The Quayside Isle, waterfront dining at several local restaurants is another option. Rooms (covering four categories) feature WiFi and floor-to-ceiling windows so you don't feel guilty holing up inside for a spell (the view of the marina and South China Sea is amazing). Some suites have their own pool for the ultimate secluded getaway. The balcony attached to 'Fabulous' rooms offer a pitch-perfect panorama of the nearby metropolis (Singapore) and the beach (the island) wrapped into one. There's even a cute little purple and white couch calling your name.
Photo credits: Courtesy of W Singapore Sentosa Cove
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $239 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 60%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $299 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $765 & up -- Big Island 3-Night Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $1049 & up -- Jamaica: All-Incl. 'Kids Stay Free' Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $2279* & up -- Worldwide Business Class Fares (R/T w/Tax)ASAP Tickets
- $769 & up -- Cancun: Iberostar Garden Bungalow Escape w/AirApple Vacations