VietJetAir Hosts In-Flight Bikini Dance Party, Gets Fined
Budget airline VietJetAir got into some trouble with officials this week when, in celebration of its new service from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang, it treated passengers on the inaugural flights to a "sexy Hawaii dance" by beautiful young women dressed in bikinis and sarongs who the airline stated were flight attendants.
And to think, 'entertainment' on most airlines I fly is a Nicholas Sparks movie.
The women performed their dance and passed out souvenir teddy bears to passengers. (The teddy bears thing confused us, too.) While photos on the VietJetAir site show a VERY appreciative group of passengers, Vietnamese officials were not so thrilled. According to a report on Vietnamnet.net, the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam levied a VND 20 million ($960 USD) fine on the airline for "organizing [an] unapproved show on a plane." Passengers had recorded the show on camera phones, but since the plane was at cruising altitude, and the phones were used in movie mode only, there was no violation of aviation safety regulations, according to the article.
Well, unless you count sexiness a safety issue.
Photo credits: Dance party-free empty flight cabin via Shutterstock
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $135 & up -- 4-Star San Diego Waterfront Resort, Half OffBookIt.com
- $127* & up -- Cheap Flights to Portland, Ore. (R/T, w/Tax)Travel Portland
- $79-$86 -- NYC Hotel near Times Square w/Wi-Fi, 65% OffBookIt.com
- $19 & up -- Las Vegas Hotel & Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $138 & up -- San Francisco: 4-Star Hotel Holiday DealsSan Francisco Travel
- $79 & up -- New Orleans Hotel Sale up to 65% OffNew Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau