Video: New York City's Top 5 Summer Experiences
When summer hits New York City, it's time to get out and enjoy all the best this bustling metropolis has to offer. Whether you're planning to visit for a week or a weekend, watch the video below to see our picks for New York City's top five summer experiences.
The High Line
Stretching from Chelsea to the Meatpacking District, The High Line is ideal for a summer stroll. A repurposed railroad-track-turned-urban-retreat, this elevated space is the perfect place to grab a seat on one of the reclining chaise lounges and people watch.
The Standard Biergarten
Anyone who's spent a day in New York in July knows how hot and humid it can be, so escape the heat at one of our favorite beer gardens, The Standard Biergarten, located in the Meatpacking District at The Standard, High Line. Sip an ice-cold beer while enjoying sausages and pretzels, or duel it out at one of the ping pong tables.
From shock art to classic masterpieces, like van Gogh's Starry Night, there's much to see at the MoMa, or the Museum of Modern Art, a Fodor's Choice pick as one of the city's best museums. After a stroll through the galleries, grab a cold drink and head out to the Rockefeller Sculpture Garden for a tranquil respite beside the reflecting pools.
Whether you're looking to get moving or just lounge on the grass, the many open spaces in Central Park make for the perfect summer retreat from city streets. Stretch out on the Great Lawn, soak up the sun near Bethesda Fountain, or grab a drink on the rooftop of the world-famous Metropolitan Museum of Art.
New Yorkers love to flock to rooftop bars to enjoy their cocktails, so head to the highest in the city at Bar 54, 54 stories up in the Hyatt Times Square. With views from the Hudson to the East River, and drinks concocted using seasonal ingredients, locally-sourced spirits, and homemade syrups, this watering hole is a must-see.
Even after you check out our top picks for things to do in the summer, don't worry—there's still plenty more to see and do here in this incredible city.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $19 & up -- Las Vegas Hotel & Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $79 & up -- New Orleans Hotel Sale up to 65% OffNew Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $7.48 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $95 & up -- Punta Cana: All-Incl. Beachfront Family ResortBookIt.com