Upgraded Private Aviation Facility Debuts in NYC Area
Life is good for New York's jet-set crowd, and it's only getting better, thanks to the newly unveiled terminal upgrade for Signature Flight Support, the world's largest operator of private-aviation facilities. The revamped space, set in Newark Liberty International Airport, proposes a modern, convenient, and flexible facility for travelers to and from the New York City area. And the timing couldn't be better: In addition to the regular holiday rush, there's also a pressing need for an upgraded aviation complex, with New Jersey poised to serve as host to the Super Bowl come February.
When it comes to private aviation in the NYC area, Teterboro—a dedicated general aviation airport, sans commercial traffic—has long been regarded as the premier facility. But Newark sees its fair share of private aviation, too, and this new Signature Flight Support center is promising to make that experience smoother than every before.
For instance, there are two separate "terminals" set within the building, one of which can be secured to provide facilities for diplomatic dignitaries or high-profile charters such as sports teams. This smart division of space permits operations of the establishment's regular private aviation traffic to continue on uninterrupted.
There are also more industry-standard offerings available, including full-service facilities for flight crews for preflight planning or to grab a rest between trips, conference rooms to host meetings, and catering capabilities.
The new Newark aviation center can comfortably handle around 100 aircraft parked overnight, plus additional "drop-and-go" traffic. That's plenty of opportunity for travelers to take advantage of the new aviation center—given the appropriate budget, of course.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Signature Flight Support
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $279 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, 40% OffThe Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $179-$197 -- NYC: Weekends at 4-Star Downtown HotelSheraton New York Tribeca
- $116 & up -- Chicago: 4-Star Hotel Downtown, Save 55%Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers
- $2499 -- Luxury Yacht: French Riviera 9-Night Cruise w/HotelWindstar Cruises
- $149-$169 -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Hotel, Reg. $419Westin Snowmass Resort
- $1235 & up -- Paris & Rome 6-Nt. Vacation w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com