Un-Cruise Adventures Unveils Sea of Cortes Itineraries
Un-Cruise Adventures—a spunky, independent company that excels in small ship cruising—is adding another yacht to its fleet for a total of eight intimate ships that each carry between 22 and 88 travelers.
The line’s newest ship, the 64-passenger Safari Voyager, is in Colombia now undergoing renovation. Once it has been updated, the ship will sail year-round luxury expeditions in Mexico's Sea of Cortes starting in November 2013. Four itineraries will be offered from La Paz, Cabo, and Guaymas.
Safari Voyager will sail those waters throughout 2014 and 2015 before transitioning to Central America in December 2015. A variety of itineraries will be offered, including winter expeditions in Costa Rica, summer voyages in Belize, and Panama Canal transits in spring and fall. Details for the Central America sailings will be available later this spring.
The vessel will take the same laidback approach to luxury as its sister ships. An American crew and engaging onboard naturalists set Un-Cruise Adventures apart from mainstream cruise lines. The ships are small enough so the captain can change the itinerary on the fly and take travelers where the action is. Un-Cruise guests often hop on a skiff at a moment’s notice to visit a pod of whales or get close to bears on shore, and sometimes they’ll just jump off the stern swim step to swim with sea turtles, dolphins, or seals.
Safari Voyager will offer 33 outside staterooms, two single cabins, and four suites. The Library and Sun Deck will be central gathering places and everyone will enjoy the stern swim platform from which you can snorkel, kayak, stand-up paddle board, or board a skiff for further expedition of the area. The Main Deck Dining Room will accommodate all guests for meals during one seating.
Luxury Adventure cruises include all meals, activities, wine/beer/spirits, and transfers to and from the port. In addition to its offerings in Mexico’s Sea of Cortés, the line also offers Active and Heritage Adventures in Alaska, the Hawaiian Islands, Columbia and Snake Rivers, as well as Coastal Washington and British Columbia.
Andrea M. Rotondo is a freelance writer based in New York City. She covers cruise news and luxury travel trends for Fodors.com and writes for a variety of outlets, including her website Luxury Travel Mavens. Follow her on Twitter: @luxtravelmavens.
Photo credit: Photos courtesy of Un-Cruise Adventures.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $219 & up -- Weekends at 4-Star Times Square HotelSheraton New York Times Square
- $1059 & up -- 5-Nt. All-Incl. St. Croix Trip w/Air, $450 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $159-$199 -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 35% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $912* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $1726 & up -- Hong Kong, Bangkok & Phuket 9 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $73 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Sale into October, O/WVirgin America