Travel Wheres and Wares: Week in Review
We agree that it's about the journey, not the destination—and that what you bring is just as important. This week we let you in on the coveted travel wares we can't travel without, and gave you some excuses to pack your bags: from beloved American cities like Chicago and Minneapolis to the exotic Galapagos Islands to the storybook castles of Europe, your travel bucket list should be longer than ever by the end of these reads.
We travel a lot here at Fodor's. Like a lot. So it's only natural that we'd pick up some tricks along the way. From reusing dryer sheets and getting clever with shower caps to the bags and shoes we'd never travel without, these are our all-time favorite travel tips and wares.
Chicago is renowned for its diverse, innovative food scene, and 2013 offers no shortage of hot new restaurants. Here are 13 reservations you need to make this year.
On a National Geographic-style cruise through the Galapagos Islands' lush ecosystem, one of our intrepid writers found close encounters with exotic animals found nowhere else in the world, and more.
These castles are gorgeous—but not all have a pretty past. No matter what, paying a visit to one of these 25 is like walking straight into a fairytale.
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world. From island to island, the sugar cane-based liquor varies wildly. Here's a field guide to what to taste where.
The best city in the US for parks and the second best for bikes, Minneapolis has that whole quality of life thing down. Go now to ogle the awesome Sculpture Garden and dine like a (Nordic) king.
See the reclining Buddha, the Royal Palace, and the red light district. And then on your second day in Bangkok, check out these ten ultra-cool alternative attractions.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1555 & up -- London: 4-Night Getaway w/Air & ToursGreat Value Vacations
- $329 & up -- Western Caribbean 7-Nt. Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $599 & up -- 5-Nt. Riviera Maya Vacation w/Air, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $629 -- Balcony: 7 Night Cruise to Jamaica, Bahamas & MexicoMSC Cruises
- $1843 & up -- Spain: 6-Nt., 2-City w/Air & Wine TastingsGreat Value Vacations
- $849 & up -- Balcony on Bahamas Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksNorwegian Cruise Line