Travel Tips and Holiday Help: Weekend Roundup
The week after Thanksgiving means it's time to kick your planning mode into high gear. From choosing the perfect gifts for everyone on your holiday list to planning a getaway trip during the New Year, there's a lot to do. We rounded up some tips to help make this season a little less stressful.
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfect gifts. Happily, Fodor's has rounded up a selection of on-point presents for all types of travelers in your life.
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup. Start planning your own winning trip to Brazil with the "World Cup Fever" section on Fodors.com.
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are pulling out all the stops this December to help guests celebrate the holiday.
Winters can be brutal in the Windy City. When temperatures drop below zero, locals look for a warmer refuge. The best medicine for a Chicago winter is warm weather and sunshine, and luckily, many destinations fit the bill. Here are our picks for the best nonstop flights from Chicago to the beach.
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season. Make your list, check it twice, and don't forget our picks for New York City's best holiday shopping.
Photo Credits: Lead photo by Radekdrewek/Dreamstime.com
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I have to travel a lot for my business, mostly in Europe. I used to use sites like Travelocity but I found a better way to find deals is to go to the second level. Those sites like http://easy2bookhotels.com who compare hundreds of different booking sites all in one place. You not only see Trivago or Expedia but all of them. It must have saved me over 3,000 Euros already. I found that just using one of the booking sites is not always the best idea.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- 10 Budget-Friendly Getaways for Spring 2015
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $69 & up -- Virginia Hotels and Resorts on Sale, Save 50%Virginia Tourism Corporation
- $206 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 20% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
- $1602 & up -- Venice Florence & Rome 8-Nt Trip w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com
- $89 -- DE: Dewey Beach Bayfront Hotel w/Breakfast, 40% OffHyatt Place Dewey Beach
- $899 & up -- Curacao All-Inclusive Beach Getaway w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $58 -- Ireland: Bunratty Castle Medieval Banquet & ShowTourism Ireland