Top Stocking Stuffers for Travelers (Under $50)
With the bigger gifts out of the way, it's time to fill in all those fun, design-y, useful trinkets that have your favorite wanderer in mind. Stocking stuffers can traditionally be pretty lame, but we put a lot thought into these ones (read: did a lot of online shopping at work for "research"). From the airport code t-shirts to the expert travel beauty kit, you'll find a healthy mix of wanderlust-y travel goods and practical, useful items that any giftee would happily yank out of their stocking this year.
Let's start with the fun stuff, shall we? Jetsetters get points taken away if their sunglasses aren't up to muster. We love these 50s-style shades from Madewell in dark camel ($49.50)—don't they remind you of Gwenyth Paltrow in The Talented Mr. Ripley? Continue the cool-girl-on-the-go thing with a classic Moleskine notebook ($19.95) for jotting down lessons learned, cute men met, and adventures had around the world. Moleskine also makes cute travel notebooks, but we're suckers for the original.
Frequent travelers know about the need to stay organized on the go—help a sister out with these bright green Baggu zipper pouches ($12). With three matching bags in different sizes, it will be easy to remember what's stashed where. Airport warriors love bragging about the food courts they've suffered through and gates they've run for (we know, it's weird) so why not let them wear their pride? These t-shirts by Pilot & Capt make airport codes ($25.60, was $32) super fashionable. No one wants a lost or stolen bag on vacation, so make sure their bags stay right where they belong with this awesome "This Bag is Not Yours" leather tag ($26).
Feeling a little overwhelmed? Don't head straight for cash—get at least a little creative with a gift card that's right up their alley. Think iTunes, Amazon, Sephora, or even a Vegas gift card ($25-$100) to help with hotel rooms, show tickets, or club passes on their next trip to Sin City. You can always go for quintessential needs in cool designs, too. Who wouldn't love packing up this sleek little travel toothbrush by OHSO ($9.95) on the road? Even phone chargers can get a little upgrade with this BlueLounge mini-dock ($19.95)that gives your phone a little more dignity than letting it just lay on the floor next to the outlet.
Looking good on the go isn't always the easiest thing, which is why we got way too excited when we saw Dr. Hauschka's Travel Beauty Kit ($30) made for 3FlOz.com (the best travel beauty site around). It's basically the top Dr. Hauschka products in nifty TSA-approved sizes. Once they look good, it will help to know where they're going. We adore these awesome and informative illustrated maps by Herb Lester. They do individual maps (4 GBP; $6.40) too, but we like this European Vacation set (24 GBP; $38) that includes whimsical and clever maps for Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Madrid, Paris (x2), and Rome.
Top Left: Herb Lester Associates; Top Right: 3floz.com; Bottom Right: VEGAS.com, LLC; Center: OHSO; Bottom Left: Bluelounge Pte. Ltd; Bottom collage: Top Left: Madewell Inc.; Top Right: Moleskine; Bottom Right: Owen & Fred Corp.; Center: Pilot and Captain; Bottom Left: Birchbox
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $3599 -- Suite: 10-Nt. Award-Winning Asia Cruise on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $149-$169 -- Carlsbad 4-Star Resort Near Legoland, 50% OffSheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
- $1965 & up -- Sydney, Melbourne & Auckland 9 Nights w/AirTripMasters.com
- $215-$263 -- Vancouver Stanley Park Hotel w/Parking, 40% OffThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- $849 -- Balcony: 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruise w/Tips & DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $169 & up -- Fall Weekends at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 60% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport