Top Stocking Stuffers for Travelers (Under $50)
With the bigger gifts out of the way, it's time to fill in all those fun, design-y, useful trinkets that have your favorite wanderer in mind. Stocking stuffers can traditionally be pretty lame, but we put a lot thought into these ones (read: did a lot of online shopping at work for "research"). From the airport code t-shirts to the expert travel beauty kit, you'll find a healthy mix of wanderlust-y travel goods and practical, useful items that any giftee would happily yank out of their stocking this year.
Let's start with the fun stuff, shall we? Jetsetters get points taken away if their sunglasses aren't up to muster. We love these 50s-style shades from Madewell in dark camel ($49.50)—don't they remind you of Gwenyth Paltrow in The Talented Mr. Ripley? Continue the cool-girl-on-the-go thing with a classic Moleskine notebook ($19.95) for jotting down lessons learned, cute men met, and adventures had around the world. Moleskine also makes cute travel notebooks, but we're suckers for the original.
Frequent travelers know about the need to stay organized on the go—help a sister out with these bright green Baggu zipper pouches ($12). With three matching bags in different sizes, it will be easy to remember what's stashed where. Airport warriors love bragging about the food courts they've suffered through and gates they've run for (we know, it's weird) so why not let them wear their pride? These t-shirts by Pilot & Capt make airport codes ($25.60, was $32) super fashionable. No one wants a lost or stolen bag on vacation, so make sure their bags stay right where they belong with this awesome "This Bag is Not Yours" leather tag ($26).
Feeling a little overwhelmed? Don't head straight for cash—get at least a little creative with a gift card that's right up their alley. Think iTunes, Amazon, Sephora, or even a Vegas gift card ($25-$100) to help with hotel rooms, show tickets, or club passes on their next trip to Sin City. You can always go for quintessential needs in cool designs, too. Who wouldn't love packing up this sleek little travel toothbrush by OHSO ($9.95) on the road? Even phone chargers can get a little upgrade with this BlueLounge mini-dock ($19.95)that gives your phone a little more dignity than letting it just lay on the floor next to the outlet.
Looking good on the go isn't always the easiest thing, which is why we got way too excited when we saw Dr. Hauschka's Travel Beauty Kit ($30) made for 3FlOz.com (the best travel beauty site around). It's basically the top Dr. Hauschka products in nifty TSA-approved sizes. Once they look good, it will help to know where they're going. We adore these awesome and informative illustrated maps by Herb Lester. They do individual maps (4 GBP; $6.40) too, but we like this European Vacation set (24 GBP; $38) that includes whimsical and clever maps for Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Madrid, Paris (x2), and Rome.
Top Left: Herb Lester Associates; Top Right: 3floz.com; Bottom Right: VEGAS.com, LLC; Center: OHSO; Bottom Left: Bluelounge Pte. Ltd; Bottom collage: Top Left: Madewell Inc.; Top Right: Moleskine; Bottom Right: Owen & Fred Corp.; Center: Pilot and Captain; Bottom Left: Birchbox
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- America's Best Wine Bars
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways