Top Chef: The Cruise Set for Spring 2013
Over the past few years, cruise ships have increasingly become the (unusual) venue for themed events like concerts (hello, S.S. Coachella), murder mystery weekends, and food and wine festivals. Bravo and Celebrity Cruises are jumping on the bandwagon with "Top Chef: The Cruise."
The cruise will set sail on April 11–15, 2013 aboard Celebrity Constellation, inviting passengers to "spend quality time with the show's chefs and judges."
Tom Colicchio and Gail Simmons will (actually) host the cruise, which will also feature past chef-testants. While the schedule is still being ironed out, chefs like Hubert Keller, Tim Love, Jennifer Carroll, Tiffany Derry, Chris Hanmer, Michael Isabella, Spike Mendelsohn, Hosea Rosenberg, Angelo Sosa, and Casey Thompson have already been confirmed as guests.
Planned events include interactive Quickfire culinary challenges, live cooking demonstrations, and Q&A sessions with the stars.
While the 2,038-passenger Constellation is a Millennium-class ship, it's been "Solsticized" to include favorites from the series of ships that includes Equinox, Eclipse, Solstice, Silhouette, and Reflection (which makes its debut this October). That means you'll find the some of the same culinary options from Solstice class now aboard Constellation, including the ice-topped Martini Bar, Tuscan Grille, Bistro on Five, and Café al Bacio & Gelateria. 2013 will also see the debut of Celebrity's popular AquaClass staterooms on Constellation.
The April 11 voyage sails round-trip from Miami with stops in Key West, Florida, and Cozumel, Mexico. Celebrity executives couldn't be more excited about this new partnership with Bravo. According to Dondra Ritzenthaler, senior vice president of sales, "Not only is food a standout aspect of what we offer, but so are modern, of-the-moment experiences and the chance for guest to explore what they're passionate about—just like what they get by watching Top Chef."
Photo courtesy of Michel Verdure/Celebrity Cruises
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $125 & up -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $1528 & up -- Escorted 7-Nt. Sicily Splendors Land-Only TourApple Vacations
- $799 & up -- Alaska 10-Night Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1045 & up -- Oahu & Kauai 6-Nts. w/Air, Hotels & TransfersTripMasters.com
- $185-$265 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 50% OffWestin St. Francis
- $72 & up -- Phoenix Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago