To Do: Dream Racing in Las Vegas
For every driver out there who's dreamed of pushing the pedal to the metal to see just how fast a Ferrari go, there's Dream Racing. The luxury racing experience out at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway lets drivers strap on a race suit and experience taking a curve while downshifting, racing through the gears on the straightaway before flying into a hairpin, and feeling the backend of car slip nearly out of control.
While Dream Racing has long had its fleet of Ferrari 430 GTs at the racetrack, the cars aren't street legal. Until now. Enter the new line of street legal cars Dream Racing brought on board that makes for a much more affordable track experience. The roster includes the Ferrari 458 Italia and Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera, McLaren MP4-12C, and Porsche 911 Carrera S.
First up, the Ferrari 458 Italia, a sports coupe with a 570-horsepower engine. Like the F1 cars, this baby has column-mounted shift paddles for flying through the gears. With a little more horsepower under the hood, the 600-horsepower Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano brings a sports coupe with luxury.
Who wouldn't want to race in a Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera, the lightest road-legal Lambo? The Brits get their due on the racetrack with the McLaren MP4-12C. Finally, there's the Porsche 911 Carrera S that can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 3.9 seconds.
Drivers who choose one of these beasts first watch a film to learn some tips on driving, like when to downshift and how to strap on the four-point seat belt. Then before ever setting foot inside a car, drivers get instruction in a simulator to learn how to maneuver the car on the track. Practice all you want before walking out on the road course.
Finally drivers step into a racing suit complete with a helmet to take to the track, where a professional driver rides shotgun while guests quickly race through five or seven laps on the 1.1 mile track on the infield of the speedway.
Five laps in the Porsche 911 Carrera S goes for $199, while an additional $100 lands drivers in a Ferrari 458 Italia, Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera, or McLaren MP4-12C. The same experience with the powerful 620 hp V12 599 GTB Fiorano is offered for $399. Seven lap packages are also available.
And those who want to get behind the wheel of those racing Ferrari 430 GTs just need a cool $499 to get on the course.
Tourists who need transportation can hop on shuttle buses from Crystals at CityCenter. Of course, guests get a classroom session, extended simulator time, and use of a full racing suit and helmet, while those who just want to experience fast cars without driving can sign up for hot laps with a professional driver manning the car.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Dream Racing
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I too Have Raced In LAs Vegas and believe me when i say <a href="http://www.cityvipconcierge.com/las-vegas-exotic-racing.html">Car Racing in Las Vegas</a> really Lives upto its repo!!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $101 & up -- Puerto Vallarta All-Incl. Beach Resort, 50% OffHotel Riu Palace Pacifico
- $539 & up -- La Romana: 4-Star All-Incl. 'Dreams' Trip w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $269-$299 -- NYC: 4-Star Hotel at Brooklyn Bridge, Save 25%New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
- $1499 -- Suite: Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$1250 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $599 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Punta Cana Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $419 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line