The World in Food: Weekend Roundup
Every country in the world has its own unique taste that reflects its culture and its people. When traveling it's more fun to eat authentically. This week we sampled traditional Caribbean fare like conch fritters and nibbled on New Delhi's soul-warming butter chicken. We also caught up with famed restaurateur Joe Bastianich who told us about his new restaurant in Italy and shared his favorite NYC eats. Scroll on and your stomach will soon be growling.
Nothing gives you the true flavor of the Caribbean like the local cuisine. Each island has its own national dish or favorite ingredient that inspires culinary passion, from conch fritters to flying fish.
To say there's something for everyone in New Delhi is an understatement. Take these seven mouthwatering treatsâ€”from sweet to savoryâ€”and move them to the top of your must-try list.
An established restaurateur, winery owner, and MasterChef judge, Joe Bastianich knows his way around food. With restaurants and commitments around the world he has acquired some serious insight on the globe's best places to eat and travel. He graciously shared some of his top picks.
We spent two days jetting (ahem, via private jet) to four northeastern states to discover their most iconic tastes. Paired with wine. In the name of research.
Well known for its historic significance and thriving art scene, San Antonio deserves another look for its culinary offerings. Think award-winning chefs, cool converted spaces, and a focus on craft beer.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- $1215* & up -- Fly RT to Sydney or Auckland w/Fiji StopoverPacificislands.com
- $60 & up -- Myrtle Beach Fall Deals, Save up to 20%Visit Myrtle Beach
- $94-$151 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $329-$379 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 45%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $499* & up -- Scandinavia & Europe Winter & Spring Sale, R/TScandinavian Airlines
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand