The World in Food: Weekend Roundup
Every country in the world has its own unique taste that reflects its culture and its people. When traveling it's more fun to eat authentically. This week we sampled traditional Caribbean fare like conch fritters and nibbled on New Delhi's soul-warming butter chicken. We also caught up with famed restaurateur Joe Bastianich who told us about his new restaurant in Italy and shared his favorite NYC eats. Scroll on and your stomach will soon be growling.
Nothing gives you the true flavor of the Caribbean like the local cuisine. Each island has its own national dish or favorite ingredient that inspires culinary passion, from conch fritters to flying fish.
To say there's something for everyone in New Delhi is an understatement. Take these seven mouthwatering treatsâ€”from sweet to savoryâ€”and move them to the top of your must-try list.
An established restaurateur, winery owner, and MasterChef judge, Joe Bastianich knows his way around food. With restaurants and commitments around the world he has acquired some serious insight on the globe's best places to eat and travel. He graciously shared some of his top picks.
We spent two days jetting (ahem, via private jet) to four northeastern states to discover their most iconic tastes. Paired with wine. In the name of research.
Well known for its historic significance and thriving art scene, San Antonio deserves another look for its culinary offerings. Think award-winning chefs, cool converted spaces, and a focus on craft beer.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- $3525 -- Kenya Land-Only Safari incl. Masai MaraAfrican Travel, Inc.
- $479 & up -- Punta Cana Suite: 5 All-Inclusive Nights w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $156 & up -- Jamaica: 4-Star All-Inclusive Oceanfront ResortBookIt.com
- $329 & up -- 6-Nt. Carnival Cruise to Jamaica & Grand CaymanCarnival Cruise Line
- $49* & up -- Nationwide Fare Sale on Alaska Airlines, O/WAlaska Airlines
- $399 & up -- Ends 1/31: Europe Cruise Sale w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line