The Moment Hotel Opens in Hollywood
This week Hollywood, California welcomes a new star: The Moment Hotel, a luxury boutique property. It's operated by broughtonHOTELS, whose other boutique hotels include The Majestic Hotel (Chicago), Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa (Bali, Indonesia), and The Georgian Hotel (Santa Monica, California).
With just 39 rooms (plus one suite), The Moment, inside the former Sunset Inn Motel, is in perfect pitch with its mission: to offer an intimate retreat from the hustle and bustle of Sunset Boulevard (a.k.a. "Guitar Row"). Each of the rooms rocks a bright-orange wall. Its exterior is more Palm Springs than Los Angeles with canary-yellow, glass, and concrete creating clean lines. And, continuing with the "moment" theme, it carries lots of solid feng-shui but with a cosmopolitan vibe. Guests enter through a glass-walled lobby. In each room are custom-built furnishings, Caesar Stone Quartz, stainless-steel fixtures, a large glass-enclosed shower, a 46-inch flat-screen television, and Vive bath products. And in case partying is on your agenda, no worries. An automated blackout shade is part of each room's design.
The 2,000-square-foot, open-air Roofdeck is, just as it sounds, an enviable perch on a Hollywood rooftop. This comfy, lounge-style space near the front of the hotel promises stunning Hollywood Hills views you can't help but email to friends back home. Whether for small plates, breakfast, or cocktails, the Roofdeck beckons to guests.
To kick off the opening, a special "Start Your Moment" package starts at $239 per night and includes accommodations, two welcome cocktails at Roofdeck, and breakfast for two (either room service or in the Sunset Room).
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of The Moment Hotel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $75 & up -- Ocean View Room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 30% OffThe Caribbean Resort & Villas
- $79 & up -- Orlando Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $629 & up -- 5-Nt. Riviera Maya Vacation w/Air, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $649 & up -- Jamaica 4-Nt. All-Incl. Luxury Escape, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $169-$199 -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Seattle
- $167 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 45% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront