The Jade Hotel Opens in NYC
New York City has a constant string of new restaurants, cafes, and, yes, hotels. The latest is The Jade Hotel, a luxury boutique hotel tucked into Greenwich Village near eclectic shops and eateries that's set to open March 1, 2013. (In fact, the hotel offers free Greenwich Village walking tours.)
At the 113-room hotel is a convergence of vintage and modern with a speakeasy-type bar that recalls the Gilded Age's design and rooms with deep-red, blue, and gold décor inspired by 1920s Paris, paired with modern amenities like the Showtime channel and free WiFi. Across all five room categories are C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries bath products, armoires with deep drawers, a funky clock radio designed by Tivoli Audio and a rotary-dial phone (it actually works!). The penthouse offers two unique perks: a walkout balcony boasting a jaw-dropping view of the city, and soaking tubs with showers.
Both room service and a fitness center offer 24-hour service—reaffirming New York City's status as a city that never sleeps—and there is also check-in via iPads and an on-site bar and restaurant. Grapevine serves craft beers, cocktails, and artisanal American fare for all three meals, and boasts a well-thought-out wine list. Seasoned restaurateur Frederick Lesort is behind it; his other projects are Opia, a modern French bistro; and Matisse, offering more traditional French dishes. Both are in the Midtown East area of New York City.
Rolled out with The Jade Hotel's opening are five packages, like one that includes a Mediterranean-themed breakfast, the perfect start to a day of exploring the Village on foot.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of The Jade Hotel
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
looks beautiful and hope it is as it looks
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $749 & up -- 9-Night Bermuda & Caribbean Cruise, Save $600Royal Caribbean
- $284 & up -- 3-Day Cruise to Nassau w/Live ConcertCarnival Cruise Lines
- $1999 -- Spain: 6-Nt. Vacation w/Tours & Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $1899 & up -- Ireland in Summer: 8-Nt., 4-City Trip w/AirAer Lingus Vacation Store
- $15 & up -- Nationwide Car Rentals in Spring, 65% OffHertz
- $39 & up -- 1-BR Villa at 4-Diamond Beach Resort, 30% OffNorth Beach Plantation