The High Roller Takes Vegas to New Heights
Look out, Singapore Sling and London Eye. Las Vegas is about to become the home of the highest observation wheel in the world.
Meet The High Roller, standing 550 feet tall when complete. The observation wheel will become the centerpiece and focal point of The Linq, the $550 million retail, dining, and entertainment district going in behind the Flamingo Las Vegas.
Much like the London Eye, The High Roller plans to have 28 cabins built as transparent spheres and each can accommodate up to 40 people. One complete revolution will take about 30 minutes.
Construction on the site began last November, and Caesars Entertainment, the company behind the project, anticipates a 2013 opening. Crews are already working on The High Roller's 3.5 million pound steel structure. When complete, the 520-foot diameter wheel will face north and south, parallel to Las Vegas Boulevard.
The rest of the Linq will take up 200,000 square feet filled with retail, dining, beverage, and entertainment experiences. In the process, that means O'Sheas was shut down to become a part of the Linq when it reopens. On the Linq's north side, guests will be able to walk from the Carnaval Court outdoor plaza next to Harrah's Las Vegas, through Imperial Palace and to the Linq. From the south side, a pedestrian connection is being built from Flamingo Las Vegas.
Want more Vegas? Check out our most anticipated restaurant openings on the Strip.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1359 & up -- Barcelona & Ibiza 6-Nt. Vacation w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Spring Fares into June, One WayVirgin America
- $598 -- 7-Night Pacific Coastal Cruise w/$75 Onboard CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1365 & up -- Paris & Barcelona 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1599 -- 15-Night Hawaiian Islands Cruise w/$250 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1799 & up -- Melbourne & Sydney 8-Nt. Trip w/Air, Save $760Goway Travel