The High Roller Takes Vegas to New Heights
Look out, Singapore Sling and London Eye. Las Vegas is about to become the home of the highest observation wheel in the world.
Meet The High Roller, standing 550 feet tall when complete. The observation wheel will become the centerpiece and focal point of The Linq, the $550 million retail, dining, and entertainment district going in behind the Flamingo Las Vegas.
Much like the London Eye, The High Roller plans to have 28 cabins built as transparent spheres and each can accommodate up to 40 people. One complete revolution will take about 30 minutes.
Construction on the site began last November, and Caesars Entertainment, the company behind the project, anticipates a 2013 opening. Crews are already working on The High Roller's 3.5 million pound steel structure. When complete, the 520-foot diameter wheel will face north and south, parallel to Las Vegas Boulevard.
The rest of the Linq will take up 200,000 square feet filled with retail, dining, beverage, and entertainment experiences. In the process, that means O'Sheas was shut down to become a part of the Linq when it reopens. On the Linq's north side, guests will be able to walk from the Carnaval Court outdoor plaza next to Harrah's Las Vegas, through Imperial Palace and to the Linq. From the south side, a pedestrian connection is being built from Flamingo Las Vegas.
Want more Vegas? Check out our most anticipated restaurant openings on the Strip.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Things NOT to Do in Chicago
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Luxury Hotels to Visit in the Off-Season
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $1248* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $3199 & up -- China: 5-Star, 20-Night Tour w/Cruise & AirSinorama Holidays
- $60 & up -- Myrtle Beach Fall Deals, Save up to 20%Visit Myrtle Beach
- $60 & up -- Myrtle Beach Resort with Waterpark, Save 20%SeaCrest Oceanfront Resort
- $169 & up -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites