The Bus is Cool Again, At Least in Denmark (VIDEO)
Let's be honest, in the world of of public transportation, the bus falls at the bottom of the cool list. (At the top? The tram, in all its forms.) That is, until Denmark, specifically Midttrafik, the public transportation authority in Midtjylland, decided to change all that. Apparently, when the Danish make a commercial, they make a commercial. With production values hovering near Avatar, and hyperbole even higher, these transportation gurus take the viewer on a slow-motion, epic-film-score-playing, color-saturated journey through the wonders of the bus, including "very nice seats" and "free handles." And in Denmark, the buses do smoky doughnuts in parking lots. Just watch.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $53 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa
- $749 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. Beachfront Escape w/ExtrasApple Vacations
- $2899 -- Hong Kong & China: 10-Night Trip on 5-Star AirlineHong Kong Tourism Board
- $110 & up -- Southwest Florida 4-Diamond Resort, Save 65%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $99 & up -- Virginia: Leaf-Peeping Hotel Deals , Save 45%Virginia Tourism
- $399 & up -- Ends 10/24: Caribbean Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line