The Bus is Cool Again, At Least in Denmark (VIDEO)
Let's be honest, in the world of of public transportation, the bus falls at the bottom of the cool list. (At the top? The tram, in all its forms.) That is, until Denmark, specifically Midttrafik, the public transportation authority in Midtjylland, decided to change all that. Apparently, when the Danish make a commercial, they make a commercial. With production values hovering near Avatar, and hyperbole even higher, these transportation gurus take the viewer on a slow-motion, epic-film-score-playing, color-saturated journey through the wonders of the bus, including "very nice seats" and "free handles." And in Denmark, the buses do smoky doughnuts in parking lots. Just watch.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 5 Reasons to Visit Asheville This Fall
- $247 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel, 25% OffThe Westin Copley Place, Boston
- $116 & up -- Chicago 4-Star Hotel into December, 40% OffSheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers
- $278 & up -- Manhattan Westin near Grand Central, Save 10%The Westin New York Grand Central
- $155-$170 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $95 & up -- Fort Lauderdale 4-Star Beach Hotel w/ExtrasSheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel
- $169 -- FL: St. Augustine 4-Diamond Luxe Hotel, Save 55%Casa Monica Hotel