The dollar continues to get trounced overseas, especially in London, where the greenback is at a 25-year low with the British pound. The dollar’s slide is likely to put a lot of travelers off visiting London, and that’s too bad because a trip to this fine city doesn’t have to mean busting the bank. What follows are suggestions for doing London for less. From dining tips to alternative lodgings to learning which markets have the best bargains, we’ve got your back.
Lodging Alternatives: Live Like a Local
Free (and Almost Free) in London
London Dining for Under 20 Quid
Meal Deals and Steals: Pre- and Post-Theater Dining
London’s Oyster Card: Don’t Leave Home Without It
Not sure how your wallet will survive your upcoming trip to London? Turn to the savvy spenders on the Forums for advice on stretching your pounds.
– Is this a good airfare for New York-London?
– How much is an average dinner in London?
– Where to lunch for less near the British Museum?
– Have you used Priceline to book your London hotel?
– Where can I stay in London for $200?