News Stories Tagged wyoming
There's more to Jackson Hole than just skiing. Check out our five reasons why you should visit in the off-season.
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, or relaxing spa facilities for post-ski recovery, there's a perfect ski resort out there for you.
Jackson Hole may be the most common gateway to Yellowstone. But may we suggest Cody, Wyoming instead? Founded by Buffalo Bill, it has a fascinating history and is full of buckaroo spirit.
Hiking the stunning, scenic trails of Wyoming backcountry (Jackson Hole, Yellowstone) would be much more peaceful if there was an adorable, gentle animal helping to carry your wares. Cue the llamas.
If you plan on spending several days in the park, we suggest staying overnight in the park itself. If you don't mind the driving, however, or want to spend time outside the park, there are several upscale resorts in nearby towns. We've got the basics on the best places to stay plus full hotel reviews to help you decide.
Planning a family National Park trip this summer? Remember that even the most beautiful scenery can quickly become boring for little ones with short attention spans. Here are some of our top family experiences, from cowboy cookouts to animal encounters, at the most popular national parks.
Southwest Wyoming is a semi-arid desert now, but 50 million years ago it was a lush freshwater lake full of fish. For about 4,000 years the water's unusual chemistry caused dead fish to sink instead of float. The result? Fish fossils. Billions of them.
Want to take your own kids on the road this summer? Here are ten U.S. National Parks that won't disappoint.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $3599 -- Balcony: Weeklong Mediterranean Cruise w/AirfareOceania Cruises
- $1793 & up -- Bangkok, Chiang Mai & Phuket 9-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $2279* & up -- Worldwide Business Class Fares (R/T w/Tax)ASAP Tickets
- $185-$265 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 50% OffWestin St. Francis
- $169-$199 -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Seattle
- $676* & up -- Fly to Peru from Across the US (R/T incl. Tax)LAN