News Stories Tagged winter
The best time to duck into a café during a New York winter is anytime. Here, we call out five of our favorite inviting spots.
With new ventures sprouting up all over Napa, the mood downtown has been almost springlike. Check out the newest restaurants and tasting rooms plus a new spa.
Nothing says “let it snow” like winter snow sport festivals, where freezing temperatures and blizzard-like conditions become reason to celebrate. From skiing to snow sculpting to polar plunges, these festivals embody the joy of winter recreation.
Winters can be brutal in the Windy City. When temperatures drop below zero, locals look for a warmer refuge. The best medicine for a Chicago winter is warm weather and sunshine, and luckily, many destinations fit the bill. Here are our picks for the best nonstop flights from Chicago to the beach.
From all-inclusive Caribbean resorts, to a circus-themed property on the Las Vegas strip, families can find their ultimate winter getaway free from the ice and snow. Here are our picks for best family friendly resorts for the winter.
Whether you’re wishing for a winter wonderland, or a winter escape, check out our picks for the 10 best national parks to visit this winter.
We’ve compiled our favorite picks for a cold-weather escape, whether you fancy zooming down the slopes, sipping hot toddies by the fire, or enjoying culinary and cultural booms. Here's where you should go this winter.
Traveling alone has it’s own set of requirements. Whether you are traveling to an isolated location to quiet your soul or plan to join in outdoor activities with others, find your ultimate alone-time escape with these 10 spots.
There are a variety of fresh charms waiting on the slopes this season, from brand-new and newly-renovated hotels to just-opened lifts, and virgin trails. So suit up, and get ready to carve up the mountains at these must-visit ski resorts.
During the weeks before Christmas, holiday markets open across Europe and America. Crowds gather to watch Christmas carolers, lantern processions, and tree lightings, while they browse stands of handmade gifts, toys, and decorations. Here are our picks for the world’s best holiday markets.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $159 -- Colorado: Suite at 4-Star Mountain Resort, $290 OffBeaver Creek Lodge
- $65 & up -- Barbados Travel Deals thru Summer, up to 60% OffBarbados Tourism Authority
- $609 & up -- Hawaii 3-Night Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $2498 -- Upscale Bahamas & Bermuda Cruise incl. R/T AirfareOceania Cruises
- $719 & up -- 7-Night Canada & New England Cruise, $575 OffRoyal Caribbean
- $43 -- CA: Six Flags Magic Mountain Day Pass, Reg. $68Visit Santa Clarita