News Stories Tagged winery
Just because the Aspen Food & Wine Classic ended didn't mean that the eating and drinking frenzy stopped. A few savvy lingerers stayed to enjoy a getaway hosted by Argentine winemakers.
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City. But on Long Island's North Fork, you'll be swirling and sipping happily, not to mention dining well.
Wineries have a very obvious main draw. Wine. But many of them offer so much more, from stunning views and architecture to truly fantastic restaurants. Here are the best of the best.
The Nantucket Wine Festival draws sommeliers, winemakers, chefs, and passionate imbibers together every year for a five-day extravaganza of wine tastings, food pairings, seminars, and more.
With more than 200 vineyards, a string of charming towns, and countless great eateries, Oregon's Willamette Valley draws in more and more wine lovers each year. Just don't call it the next Napa.
Stuck in the shadows of California's marquee wine regions, Paso Robles has been overlooked for too long. Here are 11 reasons to drop everything and go now, before everyone else discovers it.
You might not think of Paso Robles as being particularly bad ass. (You might not think of Paso Robles at all.) Until now. The small California wine region brought in the big guns—their version of the Old Spice guy.
It's almost time to ditch the heavy coats and celebrate the spring (hey, we can dream). Get out of the city and enjoy the sun with inspiration from our handy list.
No disrespect to the wondrous destination that is California wine country, but we think it's high time to shed light on the rest of the country's wine regions, from Arizona to, yes, even Kentucky.
Napa is one of California's most enticing destinations—great food, scenery, and wine is a winning combo that draws the gay community (and everyone) in droves. Here's a first-timer's guide.
What's the only thing more fun than drinking wine? Making it (and then drinking it), of course! Don't wait until harvest season hits California—sign up for one of these boot camps now.
When it comes to living well, there are few who can match Francis Ford Coppola. He owns two wildly successful California wineries and five resorts spread between Belize, Argentina, Italy, and Guatemala. Here, the man (the myth, the legend) talks wine, food, and Italy.
We've got good news for you. Even if you've explored its Mayan ruins, downed its mezcal, seen whales on its west coast, and lazed on its beaches, you still have a ton of Mexico left to discover. Start here.
You can't go to Napa or Sonoma too many times. There's always a wine you have yet to taste, a new restaurant to try, or activity to check out. Here are some of the coolest things that are new now.
What goes together better than oysters, wine, and kayaks? Apparently nothing, as our intrepid adventurer finds out when she hits the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
Acclaimed chef, author, winemaker, and lifestyle brand connoisseur Michael Chiarello is a Napa expert. And we got him to divulge all of his top spots (plus a secret request to make at his restaurant).
German wines seem...mysterious, don't they? Not as heavily marketed as their French, Italian, or even Californian counterparts, it takes a bit more homework to fully understand their regions and grapes.
Tasting wines in Sonoma gets you close to the source, but why not delve deeper? Sonoma County Grape Camp lets you get your hands (and feet) dirty while still supplying plenty of wine for the tasting.
Wine tasting is one thing, but what about winemaking? At the hyper-luxe Bacara Resort, sitting just outside Santa Barbara, you can with their new "Bacara Crush" package.
Who doesn't long for a weekend in California wine country? But from tastings to dinner reservations, its easy to blow your budget in an afternoon. So here are the secrets to doing it on the cheap.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Asheville This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $69 & up -- Condo: 4-Star Panama City Beach Resort, 55% OffBookIt.com
- $278 & up -- Manhattan Westin near Grand Central, Save 10%The Westin New York Grand Central
- $219 & up -- 4-Nt. Caribbean Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $169 & up -- Caribbean: St. Maarten 4-Star Resort, Save 55%Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
- $159* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fall Fare Sale, One WayVirgin America
- $209-$259 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue