News Stories Tagged winery
For a vacation that combines world-class wines and breathtaking beaches, look no further than Waiheke Island, a short ferry ride from Auckland.
Whether you want to taste your way across Burgundy, Piedmont, Sonoma, or the Douro Valley, these 10 essential trips will inspire you to explore the wide world of winemaking.
Less than a two-hour drive from Paris lies the near-mythical French region of Champagne, a (champagne) bucket-list destination for wine lovers who consider it the pinnacle of sparkling wine production.
An established restaurateur, winery owner, and MasterChef judge, Joe Bastianich knows his way around food. With restaurants and commitments around the world he has acquired some serious insight on the globe's best places to eat and travel. He graciously shared some of his top picks.
We patiently waited for the bustle of harvest season (or crush) to pass over Napa, and then we descended into wine country to learn a few things from the more-relaxed winemakers. Take notes.
Get ready to discover the country's next up-and-coming wine region: Door County, Wisconsin. (Yes, Wisconsin.) Working with cold-climate grapes has paid off, so visit now before everyone else does.
Piedmont is a paradise for culinary hedonists with fine wines, iconic white truffles, mountain cheeses, and mouthwatering cuisine. It may seem like a lot to pack in, but we've crafted a one-day tasting tour.
Portugal's Porto region has earned a permanent spot on the list of top worldwide wine destinations, and in recent years is burgeoning with tourism developments. Here, the ultimate wine lover's guide to Porto.
Carmelo offers golden riverfront beaches, rich cultural offerings, an up-and-coming wine region, and more. Here are five reasons why you should check out this laid-back Uruguayan gem, before the secret is out.
Winter may be for snow sports, and summer for swimming, but there is no shortage of outdoor activities for adventurous travelers come fall. Read on for nine great ways to "fall" into the great outdoors.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $64 & up -- Savannah Hotels, B&Bs and Inns on Sale, 60% OffVisit Savannah
- $69 -- Orlando Hotel in Summer w/Park Shuttles, 50% OffBookIt.com
- $139* & up -- Nationwide Flight Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $269 -- Key Largo Waterfront Resort, 20% OffKey Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort
- $229 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1532 & up -- London: 4-Star Vacation w/Tours & AirGreat Value Vacations