News Stories Tagged winery
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City. But on Long Island's North Fork, you'll be swirling and sipping happily, not to mention dining well.
Wineries have a very obvious main draw. Wine. But many of them offer so much more, from stunning views and architecture to truly fantastic restaurants. Here are the best of the best.
The Nantucket Wine Festival draws sommeliers, winemakers, chefs, and passionate imbibers together every year for a five-day extravaganza of wine tastings, food pairings, seminars, and more.
With more than 200 vineyards, a string of charming towns, and countless great eateries, Oregon's Willamette Valley draws in more and more wine lovers each year. Just don't call it the next Napa.
Stuck in the shadows of California's marquee wine regions, Paso Robles has been overlooked for too long. Here are 11 reasons to drop everything and go now, before everyone else discovers it.
You might not think of Paso Robles as being particularly bad ass. (You might not think of Paso Robles at all.) Until now. The small California wine region brought in the big guns—their version of the Old Spice guy.
It's almost time to ditch the heavy coats and celebrate the spring (hey, we can dream). Get out of the city and enjoy the sun with inspiration from our handy list.
No disrespect to the wondrous destination that is California wine country, but we think it's high time to shed light on the rest of the country's wine regions, from Arizona to, yes, even Kentucky.
Napa is one of California's most enticing destinations—great food, scenery, and wine is a winning combo that draws the gay community (and everyone) in droves. Here's a first-timer's guide.
What's the only thing more fun than drinking wine? Making it (and then drinking it), of course! Don't wait until harvest season hits California—sign up for one of these boot camps now.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $874* & up -- Flights to Japan on Sale (R/T, w/Tax)Featured Destination: Japan
- $135 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Stay w/Ticket to Any Toronto EventThe Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
- $2639* & up -- Business Class: Europe in Summer, R/TLufthansa
- $36 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600Featured Destination: Japan
- $161-$186 -- Downtown 4-Star Pittsburgh Hotel, up to 45% OffThe Westin Convention Center, Pittsburgh
- $1649 & up -- Greek Islands 8-Night Escape w/Air & Ferrygo-today