News Stories Tagged wine
In late 2011, Laura Maniec opened Corkbuzz, a wine studio in NYC. Without being preachy, she's created a place where wine-enthusiasts (no matter your mastery of varietals and vintages) can learn about new wines and regions by tasting, talking, and tasting some more.
Marco Pasanella's life is like a dream, a hard-won, years-in-the-making, passion-driven dream. He quit his job to open a wine shop in NYC and, despite setbacks, is still there living above the shop and traveling to Italy to make his own vino.
Santa Barbara is a wine-lover's haven, often called the 'American Riviera.' With the rugged California coast as your backdrop, sample the regions wines (with great eats) at these top boites.
Wine tasting is one thing, but what about winemaking? At the hyper-luxe Bacara Resort, sitting just outside Santa Barbara, you can with their new "Bacara Crush" package.
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine. Santa Fe is filled with fantastic places to sip wines from New Mexico and around the world.
Who doesn't long for a weekend in California wine country? But from tastings to dinner reservations, its easy to blow your budget in an afternoon. So here are the secrets to doing it on the cheap.
Whether you come for the wine or the charm of Main street, you'll stay for the art, the history, and the great outdoors. Its easy to see why Fredericksburg is the unofficial heart of Texas Hill Country.
Wine pairings and Mickey Mouse ears rarely go hand in hand (on purpose, anyway). But there's a serious stash of wine on offer at Disney World, complete with multi-course dinners and wine flights.
Wine tasting is more than swirling, sipping, and asking for seconds. So whether you're a first-timer or a seasoned sipper, take heed of these easy wine tasting etiquette tips before you sidle up to the bar.
Heading to wine country, your first concern is likely more about swirling and sipping than style. But with these California-inspired picks, you'll look good on and off the vineyard. (Even if you have to spit.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com