News Stories Tagged wine
When planning a trip to one of the country's national parks, you might not have great wine lists at the top of your wishlist. Well, you're missing out.
You know Napa and Bordeaux, but have you heard of Mexico's routa del vino? Discover the Baja Peninsula's Valle de Guadalupe, which has been producing great wines since 1928.
A weekend in Sonoma shouldn't be a race from winery to winery. Instead, make your way to the ones that really do tastings well, and follow them up with stellar meals and hitting Sonoma's cutest towns.
Wine Enthusiast went coast to coast in search of America's superlative wine-and-dine hot spots and came back with 100 sommelier-approved restaurants in hand.
Just because the Aspen Food & Wine Classic ended didn't mean that the eating and drinking frenzy stopped. A few savvy lingerers stayed to enjoy a getaway hosted by Argentine winemakers.
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City. But on Long Island's North Fork, you'll be swirling and sipping happily, not to mention dining well.
Wineries have a very obvious main draw. Wine. But many of them offer so much more, from stunning views and architecture to truly fantastic restaurants. Here are the best of the best.
The Nantucket Wine Festival draws sommeliers, winemakers, chefs, and passionate imbibers together every year for a five-day extravaganza of wine tastings, food pairings, seminars, and more.
With more than 200 vineyards, a string of charming towns, and countless great eateries, Oregon's Willamette Valley draws in more and more wine lovers each year. Just don't call it the next Napa.
Drinking outdoors is a favored pastime in NYC for both locals and visitors. So as the temperatures start rising, we're giving you the upper hand with our list of the best new alfresco hotspots.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina, Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- 15 Most Breathtaking World Heritage Sites
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $119* -- MT: Helena to Seattle this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $179* -- Coast-to-Coast Spring Fares into May, One WayVirgin America
- $125* -- Omaha to Seattle this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $109* -- Seattle to Sacramento this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $69* -- Portland to San Jose this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $179 & up -- Manhattan Westin near Grand Central, Reg. $450The Westin New York Grand Central