News Stories Tagged wine
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate to develop an extensive new wine list across the NCL fleet.
From upscale drinking establishments to neighborhood shops with "tasting bars," wine enthusiasts now have more options than ever for a great sampling and snacking environment. These are some of our favorite places to unwind with a glass of the delicious elixir.
We patiently waited for the bustle of harvest season (or crush) to pass over Napa, and then we descended into wine country to learn a few things from the more-relaxed winemakers. Take notes.
Get ready to discover the country's next up-and-coming wine region: Door County, Wisconsin. (Yes, Wisconsin.) Working with cold-climate grapes has paid off, so visit now before everyone else does.
This week we indulged our inner wino with two great tasting tours and also dished on where to get some of America's best food, from Wisconsin cheese to amazing food festivals.
Piedmont is a paradise for culinary hedonists with fine wines, iconic white truffles, mountain cheeses, and mouthwatering cuisine. It may seem like a lot to pack in, but we've crafted a one-day tasting tour.
There is no better way to experience the soul of a destination than through its food. Crossing the continent as far as Hawaii and as high as Canada, we’ve handpicked North America’s 15 most mouthwatering food festivals based on epicurean education, chef interaction, and grand tastings.
Portugal's Porto region has earned a permanent spot on the list of top worldwide wine destinations, and in recent years is burgeoning with tourism developments. Here, the ultimate wine lover's guide to Porto.
Carmelo offers golden riverfront beaches, rich cultural offerings, an up-and-coming wine region, and more. Here are five reasons why you should check out this laid-back Uruguayan gem, before the secret is out.
America's quirkiest culinary capital has bars and restaurants to spare, but insiders look outside of Portland's city limits for tasty tours like no other. Here are five itineraries to satisfy every craving.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1199 & up -- London & Dublin 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1499 & up -- Ireland in Fall: 8-Nt. Vacation w/Car from SFGreat Value Vacations
- $1049 & up -- Jamaica: All-Incl. 'Kids Stay Free' Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $858 & up -- Punta Cana: 4-Star Seaside Family Getaway w/AirApple Vacations
- $429 & up -- Alaska 7-Night Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1890 & up -- Ireland in Summer: 6-Night B&B Vacation w/AirSceptre Tours