News Stories Tagged weather
Severe weather never translates well for the airline industry and winter this year thus far—rife with extended windows of extreme cold and winter storms—has delivered up a doozy.
With proactive early-alerts, Traxo and their new partner KnowDelay are aiming to provide travelers with weather updates that will predict if a flight will be delayed or even canceled days in advance.
This is not your average beach day. This time, you're hitting the sand in inclement weather on purpose. Storm watching in Tofino, BC, is a spectacular show on a wind-swept stage.
We interrupt our regular wanderlusty programming to bring you our top tips on how to pack the perfect Go Bag. In light of the East Coast's recent severe weather, its time to fill yours up now.
The hotel situation in New York City is a tricky one right now, with many properties hosting displaced families as well as incoming Marathoners. Here's an update on hotels in NYC post-Sandy.
In the days since Hurricane Sandy slammed into the Mid-Atlantic coast, travel infrastructures have been slowly but surely gaining ground on recovery. Here's an update on air and rail.
As Hurricane Sandy continues to bear down on the Mid-Atlantic coastline, flights are being cancelled by the thousands, regional airports are closed, and more delays are anticipated.
Here are some basics tips to make sure your beach trips, especially to the Caribbean and Mexico, go smoothly through November.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $109 & up -- San Diego Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $529 & up -- Weeklong Cruise to the Bahamas, $190 OffRoyal Caribbean
- $609 & up -- Waikiki 3-Night Vacations incl. Air & TransfersPleasant Holidays
- $1335 & up -- Makena: 4-Star Maui Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $99 & up -- Austin Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $169-$199 -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Seattle