News Stories Tagged washington
Compared to Colorado, buying and enjoying pot in Washington isn't as easy as most visitors and locals would like. Here’s what you need to know as a pot tourist.
There are a ton of reasons to visit the Lake Chelan region, and the stellar selection of wineries is only one of them. But really, do you need to know anything beyond that?
In a time when "authentic" is a travel buzzword, its America's small towns that are drawing in visitors with great local culture, noteworthy cuisine, outdoor offerings, and a low key charm that big cities can't match.
Fall trips are for leaf-peeping, apple picking, and stopping to see modern sculptures in beautiful fields. (Duh.) These pinnacles of nature and art are some of America's most treasured outdoor exhibitions.
What could be more romantic than a fall weekend spent among the rolling green fields, sipping a winery's best vintage? With harvest season around the corner, here are the top six wine regions to visit.
Seattle is positively surrounded by prime day-trip destinations—from the acuamarine-hued Bainbridge Island to wine-soaked Woodinville, here's where we wish we were spending the day.
Napa and Sonoma are always worthy trips, and Oregon's Willamette Valley is a fabulous spot to explore, but right now we're heading to Walla Walla for its wine, food, and stunning scenery.
With just more than a month left of summer, it's high time we all hit the beach. From a hidden gem in Southern California to kid-friendly tide pools in Oregon, here are our picks for the West Coast's best.
We wait impatiently for summer to roll around for the delicious fruits (and vegetables) it brings. So why not celebrate the bounty at these choice festivals along the West Coast?
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. From kid-friendly restaurants in Paris to hike-in lodges in the Great Smoky Mountains, we've got plenty of recommendations. Read on to join our summer adventures!
When we found out that Serious Eats, our favorite foodie blog, was publishing a book on the best eats in America, we got an exclusive list of the most travel-worthy, must-try dishes in the country.
The West Coast is a perfect place to get your family some spring break fun. Check out our favorite things to do, from flying a kite in Seattle to clambering through restored wooden ships in San Diego.
A sluggish-but-slowly-showing-signs-of-recovering economy won't stop families from traveling in 2010—but we're definitely looking for value in the trips we plan. That means we're shopping for great deals and seeking locales that appeal to toddlers through teens all at once—and in some instances, they might be trendy destinations we see on TV or the big screen.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- $165 & up -- SC: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, Save 40%The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $139-$162 -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $183-$269 -- NYC: Manhattan Westin thru Holidays, 40% OffThe Westin New York Grand Central
- $169-$239 -- 4-Star Downtown Nashville Hotel, Save 45%Sheraton Nashville Downtown
- $749 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. Beachfront Escape w/ExtrasApple Vacations
- $44 & up -- Las Vegas Upscale Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com