News Stories Tagged washington dc
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation. They're often great for gathering information on topics such as what to expect when you land, where to find top hotels and the best under-the-radar restaurants, and when to book ahead for must-do activities. Essentially, it's all about the experience of what worked—and perhaps even more importantly, what didn't.
Evening tea with cookies is complimentary at the Bethesda Court Hotel in Washington, D.C., as is limousine service for guests.
Learn where to catch a free shuttle bus to a performance at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
On performance days at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., a free shuttle bus runs between the Center and the Foggy Bottom/GWU Metro stop.
On the last day of 2011, we thought looking back at our favorite slideshow photos would inspire travel in the year to come. Collectively, we journeyed to dozens of destinations, and our snapshots span the globe—from Italy's beautiful gardens along the Amalfi Coast, to Switzerland's charming countryside, to Hawaii's incredible natural wonders.
One of our Washington, D.C., correspondents rounds up the best the city has to offer before the year is out, from a brand-new influx of restaurants to blockbuster museum shows to the capital's best holiday traditions. Be sure to check out these top picks if you're heading to D.C. in the next couple of weeks.
At the prestigious Henley Park Hotel in Washington, DC, afternoon tea featuring Scottish smoked salmon finger sandwiches and house-made butter and dried fruit scones, is served at 4 p.m. in the handsome Wilkes room.
Reservations to visit the archives are highly recommended: without one, you could wait up to an hour to get in
The familiar blue sightseeing buses that have run on streets in the nation's capital for more than four decades will end service tomorrow.
Check out the view of the White House from the steps of the Thomas Jefferson Memorial in Washington, DC.
Sometimes it takes an intervention program to sever the smartphone tether, so here are our favorite retreats that require forfeiting your little handheld addiction and making the conscious decision to purge.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- America's Best Wine Bars
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays