News Stories Tagged washington dc
In this election year, head to the Newseum in Washington, DC for a look at media’s role in presidential campaigns.
Enjoy the sounds of yesteryear at the National Museum of American History in Washington, DC, the world's only museum to use its antique instruments in performances.
The National Museum of American History in Washington, DC is the only museum in the world with an active program of using its historical musical instruments for live performance.
Hungry for Southern food with a modern twist? At Georgia Brownâ€™s in Washington, DC, the menu features elegant comfort food.
Make the most of spring and get away to enjoy the season’s best fêtes and festivals. Herewith three not-to-miss spring celebrations, along with a few hotel deals to help you on your way.
Easter egg hunts are a time-honored tradition. With humble beginnings in quaint backyards where basket-toting children searched eagerly for hidden candy-filled eggs, the hunts nowadays have grown into full-blown, world-class quests, featuring mega prizes and hundreds of thousands of eggs. From Fabergé’s citywide scavenge in London to a helicopter egg drop in the Midwest, these are not the neighborhood egg hunts of yesteryear. Plus, they provide egg-ceptional value (sorry, we couldn't resist): Each is free to attend.
March 20 marks the first day of spring and the start of one of Washington, DC's largest and most anticipated seasonal celebrations—the Annual Cherry Blossom Festival. Enjoy these cherry-picked package deals from some of the area's top hotels.
A night out at a Broadway show, opera, or concert can easily set you back a cool Benjamin (or more). While students and seniors can often catch a price break, finding discounted seats requires a bit more digging for the rest of us. Read on for some terrific tips on snagging great seats and getting cultured on the cheap.
For the first time in four years, Leap Day is again upon us—and just about everybody seems to be dishing out deals to entice travelers in honor of 2012’s extra calendar day. From a free three-course lobster dinner for "leapsters" to 29 cent room upgrades to $29/night hotel stays, the offers are piling up. Here are five of the best—but, you better act fast! Nearly all are blink-and-you’ll-miss flash sales that begin and end this Wednesday, February 29.
Hotels are doing more than just upgrading decor to woo their guests—they’re pulling out all the stops, from fostering the latest cutting-edge technology to revolutionizing room service. Herewith a roundup of the latest and greatest hotel amenities, touting some of our favorite bells and whistles.
On Wednesday, President Obama and his wife attended the groundbreaking Washington, D.C., ceremony for the Smithsonian Institution’s new National Museum of African American History and Culture, which will exhibit displays depicting the African-American experience in the United States.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $639* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
- $928* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $110 & up -- Southwest Florida 4-Diamond Resort, Save 65%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $899 & up -- Ends 10/24: Hawaii Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $56 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Suite, 10% OffOcean Dunes Resort
- $99 & up -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 30%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa