News Stories Tagged washington dc
There's much more to a hotel than just bedrooms and lobby bars—there are unique histories and quirky facts galore. And there's plenty you probably don't know about these classic American hotels.
We know you're likely headed to one of these six cities come fall, and we can't blame you. They've got it all, from Fashion Week to electronic music festivals to a marathon that ends at Versailles.
It was announced yesterday that the White House Visitor Center will close as of this Sunday afternoon for more than a year for upgrades and renovations.
As of Tuesday, Android users will be the ones navigating Smithsonian museums like regulars. Google Maps will soon be available for the largest museum network in the US from San Francisco to DC.
They have names like Paige and Carla, and can provide directions on security procedures in two languages, information on forms of identification for customs-destined international travelers, or other basic facts. And they are not human.
It may surprise you to find just how much there is to do in DC that the whole family will love. From the Spy Museum to scouting out animals in the park, there's tons to do (and on the cheap, too.).
Where are you off to this long weekend? We turned to you to see what's on tap this Memorial Day, and you delivered from fantastic activity ideas (BBQ and bocce, anyone?) to international jaunts.
There are some places, like these six cities, that draw us in time and again for their storied sights and endlessly cool vibes. So we found out what's new and cool this summer in these top destinations.
Good news for the tourism industry in our nation's capital: statistics show the industry in the district grew by seven percent in 2011. And we think we know why. (Plus we read all about it.)
From Spirit Airlines' much-hated announcement this week to Karl Lagerfeld's chic take on a hotel pool, here are the top headlines we're reading this morning.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- 10 Budget-Friendly Getaways for Spring 2015
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $3499 -- 12-Nt. Glacier Cruise on Oceania incl. R/T AirOceania Cruises
- $99 -- Niagara Fallsview Suite incl. Choose Your Own ExtrasEmbassy Suites Niagara Falls Hotel
- $76-$93 -- SoCal: Rancho Mirage Hotel w/Free ParkingGreater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
- $155* & up -- Flights to Palm Springs into July (Roundtrip)Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
- $149-$189 -- Cleveland: New 4-Star Hotel Downtown, 40% OffThe Westin Cleveland Downtown
- $119 -- 4-Star Miami Hotel w/Upgrade, 55% OffProvident Doral at The Blue - Miami