News Stories Tagged washington dc
There's much more to a hotel than just bedrooms and lobby bars—there are unique histories and quirky facts galore. And there's plenty you probably don't know about these classic American hotels.
We know you're likely headed to one of these six cities come fall, and we can't blame you. They've got it all, from Fashion Week to electronic music festivals to a marathon that ends at Versailles.
It was announced yesterday that the White House Visitor Center will close as of this Sunday afternoon for more than a year for upgrades and renovations.
As of Tuesday, Android users will be the ones navigating Smithsonian museums like regulars. Google Maps will soon be available for the largest museum network in the US from San Francisco to DC.
They have names like Paige and Carla, and can provide directions on security procedures in two languages, information on forms of identification for customs-destined international travelers, or other basic facts. And they are not human.
It may surprise you to find just how much there is to do in DC that the whole family will love. From the Spy Museum to scouting out animals in the park, there's tons to do (and on the cheap, too.).
Where are you off to this long weekend? We turned to you to see what's on tap this Memorial Day, and you delivered from fantastic activity ideas (BBQ and bocce, anyone?) to international jaunts.
There are some places, like these six cities, that draw us in time and again for their storied sights and endlessly cool vibes. So we found out what's new and cool this summer in these top destinations.
Good news for the tourism industry in our nation's capital: statistics show the industry in the district grew by seven percent in 2011. And we think we know why. (Plus we read all about it.)
From Spirit Airlines' much-hated announcement this week to Karl Lagerfeld's chic take on a hotel pool, here are the top headlines we're reading this morning.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- $1705 & up -- Costa Rica 8-Nt. Eco-Adventure incl. AirGreat Value Vacations
- $96 & up -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 30%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $109-$149 -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 60% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $169* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 50%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $94-$151 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue