News Stories Tagged washington dc
We've thought of 5 reasons for East Coasters to brave chilly temps—an afternoon of culture. From the shadowy worlds of espionage to 80s underground culture, don't miss these exhibits.
These hotels have a problem with commitment. But no matter where they set up camp, pop-up hotels are sure to offer a high-end, adventurous experience for nomadic travelers.
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream. An expensive one. Luckily, five US museums are putting treasures on display—many of which have never before seen our shores.
Presidents know how to do a lot of things—passing policies, giving speeches, eating well in DC. Follow their lead (on the food front anyway) at these choice DC eateries.
In the days since Hurricane Sandy slammed into the Mid-Atlantic coast, travel infrastructures have been slowly but surely gaining ground on recovery. Here's an update on air and rail.
All eyes are on Washington DC right now (you know, the election). But while we're registered and ready to vote, we're fixated on another side of DC—its thriving food scene.
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen for its charm and convenience. Here, a roundup of many cities where bike sharing is well under way.
When you think of DC, images of endless monuments and museums come to mind. But lately, fantastic restaurants are popping up in the capital that are worth a visit all their own.
There's much more to a hotel than just bedrooms and lobby bars—there are unique histories and quirky facts galore. And there's plenty you probably don't know about these classic American hotels.
We know you're likely headed to one of these six cities come fall, and we can't blame you. They've got it all, from Fashion Week to electronic music festivals to a marathon that ends at Versailles.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- 7 Quirky American Winter Festivals
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand