News Stories Tagged washington dc
Capella Hotels and Resorts will swing the doors open to their first US property this weekend in D.C. Helmed by one of the co-founders of Ritz Carlton Hotels, it is posh from top to bottom.
Tired of the same ol' tropical getaways? No, we're not either, but this year we're dying to shake up the classic spring break trips. From skiing to zip-lining, you really won't miss the beach (or the crowds).
We've thought of 5 reasons for East Coasters to brave chilly temps—an afternoon of culture. From the shadowy worlds of espionage to 80s underground culture, don't miss these exhibits.
These hotels have a problem with commitment. But no matter where they set up camp, pop-up hotels are sure to offer a high-end, adventurous experience for nomadic travelers.
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream. An expensive one. Luckily, five US museums are putting treasures on display—many of which have never before seen our shores.
Presidents know how to do a lot of things—passing policies, giving speeches, eating well in DC. Follow their lead (on the food front anyway) at these choice DC eateries.
In the days since Hurricane Sandy slammed into the Mid-Atlantic coast, travel infrastructures have been slowly but surely gaining ground on recovery. Here's an update on air and rail.
All eyes are on Washington DC right now (you know, the election). But while we're registered and ready to vote, we're fixated on another side of DC—its thriving food scene.
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen for its charm and convenience. Here, a roundup of many cities where bike sharing is well under way.
When you think of DC, images of endless monuments and museums come to mind. But lately, fantastic restaurants are popping up in the capital that are worth a visit all their own.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best Ramen Shops in the U.S.
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $3299 -- Luxury Kenya Trip incl. Game Drives & AirLion World Travel
- $545 & up -- Waikiki 3-Nt. Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $4999 -- Caribbean 10-Nt. Luxury Cruise w/Drinks, Tours, AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $119-$169 -- Colorado: 4-Star Steamboat Springs ResortSheraton Steamboat Springs
- $129-$139 -- Stylish Downtown Memphis Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
- $123-$181 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, Save 30%The Westin Michigan Avenue