News Stories Tagged walt disney world
First-time visitors to Disney World often make the mistake of thinking it's all about the rides. But parents constantly write to me about something else: how absolutely blown away their kids were at the chance to meet Mickey, Minnie, and the rest of the Disney characters. Here's how to maximize your character experience.
No one could have predicted the runaway success of the Walt Disney World Dining Plan. But how do you know which package to choose? And how can you make sure those dining credits are getting maximum bang for the buck? Here are some essential tips.
If there's any justice in the world, the genius who created FASTPASS is relaxing somewhere on his yacht. Because FASTPASS helps Walt Disney World theme-park guests drastically cut down on the amount of time spent waiting in line. Which means more rides, and fewer tantrums.
The good news: Orlando's Walt Disney World offers gi-normous parades, fireworks, and other evening spectacles so you can end your theme-park day with a bang. The bad news: Everybody knows the shows are fabulous, so virtually every guest in the park converges at one place and one time to watch them. The result is major crowds and hassles . . . unless, of course, you know a few insider tips.
The magical world of Disney can be an overwhelmingly complex place. Meal plans? Park hopper passes? On-site resorts? Luckily, our members know a thing or two about making the most of a visit to the Mouse. Here are some of the questions that crop up most often, paired with answers from our community.
The period from late September through November in Orlando usually brings bright beautiful days, cooler temperatures, and some of the lightest crowds all year, making it one of the best times to go to Walt Disney World. While weather and crowds are a factor, the real secret to enjoying Disney is to let your mantra be "quality over quantity." Keep these tips and suggestions in mind as you explore the parks.
Thinking of traveling to Walt Disney World in the near future? The theme park has just raised its ticket prices, but there's still ways to save.
If you remember nothing else, keep in mind these essential strategies, tried and tested by generations of Disney World fans. They're the Eight Commandments for touring Walt Disney World.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Asheville This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $4467* & up -- Business Fares for 2 on 5-Star Airline (O/W)ASAP Tickets
- $2874* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $209 & up -- S.C.: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, 35% OffThe Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $129-$169 -- Weekends at Atlanta 4-Star Hotel, 35% OffRenaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
- $289 & up -- 4-Star Times Square Hotel, 10% OffSheraton New York Times Square
- $199 & up -- Baltimore 4-Star Inner Harbor Hotel, 40% OffSheraton Inner Harbor Hotel