News Stories Tagged walt disney world
Make dining reservations before you leave home, especially for character dining experiences.If you don't, you might find yourself eating a hamburger (again) or leaving Walt Disney World for dinner.
First-time visitors to Disney World often make the mistake of thinking it's all about the rides. But parents constantly write to me about something else: how absolutely blown away their kids were at the chance to meet Mickey, Minnie, and the rest of the Disney characters. Here's how to maximize your character experience.
No one could have predicted the runaway success of the Walt Disney World Dining Plan. But how do you know which package to choose? And how can you make sure those dining credits are getting maximum bang for the buck? Here are some essential tips.
If there's any justice in the world, the genius who created FASTPASS is relaxing somewhere on his yacht. Because FASTPASS helps Walt Disney World theme-park guests drastically cut down on the amount of time spent waiting in line. Which means more rides, and fewer tantrums.
The good news: Orlando's Walt Disney World offers gi-normous parades, fireworks, and other evening spectacles so you can end your theme-park day with a bang. The bad news: Everybody knows the shows are fabulous, so virtually every guest in the park converges at one place and one time to watch them. The result is major crowds and hassles . . . unless, of course, you know a few insider tips.
The magical world of Disney can be an overwhelmingly complex place. Meal plans? Park hopper passes? On-site resorts? Luckily, our members know a thing or two about making the most of a visit to the Mouse. Here are some of the questions that crop up most often, paired with answers from our community.
The period from late September through November in Orlando usually brings bright beautiful days, cooler temperatures, and some of the lightest crowds all year, making it one of the best times to go to Walt Disney World. While weather and crowds are a factor, the real secret to enjoying Disney is to let your mantra be "quality over quantity." Keep these tips and suggestions in mind as you explore the parks.
Thinking of traveling to Walt Disney World in the near future? The theme park has just raised its ticket prices, but there's still ways to save.
If you remember nothing else, keep in mind these essential strategies, tried and tested by generations of Disney World fans. They're the Eight Commandments for touring Walt Disney World.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $133 & up -- Toronto Harbour Hotel over Weekends, Save $50Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $499* & up -- Scandinavia & Europe Winter & Spring Sale, R/TScandinavian Airlines
- $56 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Suite, 10% OffOcean Dunes Resort
- $749 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. Beachfront Escape w/ExtrasApple Vacations
- $165 & up -- SC: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, Save 40%The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $639* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines