News Stories Tagged walt disney world
You want to be the one who knows the Next Big Trip, don't you? Stay on top of travel trends with our recommendations for top US destinations this year.
What could be better than spending the most magical time of year at the happiest place on Earth? Disney parks host a spectacular holiday season with light shows, parties, tours, and tons of merriment.
Wine pairings and Mickey Mouse ears rarely go hand in hand (on purpose, anyway). But there's a serious stash of wine on offer at Disney World, complete with multi-course dinners and wine flights.
Dollars can start to feel like Monopoly money when planning a Walt Disney World vacation for the family. So we put together our key picks for where to save, and what's worth splurging on.
Everyone knows about the popular rides—they've got the longest lines. But these 8 attractions are the hidden gems of Disney World. And with no lines, they'll bring smiles to faces even faster.
Most first time visitors to the Walt Disney World theme parks assume they'll have to stand in line for hours to meet Mickey. Here are seven great, unexpected, places to meet your favorite characters—in Orlando and beyond.
At Disney, your little princesses can eat, sleep, and dress up just as princesses should. They can also hobnob with Cinderella, Belle, and other Disney royals.
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I of Bavaria) married Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. The royal festivities that followed became an annual tradition: the Munich festival now known the world over as Oktoberfest. Even if you're not Munich-bound for the festivities, you can don a dirndl or lederhosen and grab a bier at these local events instead.
Need to escape Walt Disney World, Universal, or SeaWorld? Head to one of Orlando's resort spas, all of which are indulgent enough to please any theme-park-weary parent, aching golfer, parched sunbather, or Disney—regardless of budget.
Make dining reservations before you leave home, especially for character dining experiences.If you don't, you might find yourself eating a hamburger (again) or leaving Walt Disney World for dinner.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall 2014 Guide to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Best Biking Cities in the U.S.
- World's 10 Best Art Fairs
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- 10 Artists' Homes You Can Visit
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- $325 -- Waikiki 4-Star Oceanfront Resort, Save 20%Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach
- $379 & up -- Ends: 9/22: Europe Cruises w/All-Incl. OptionNorwegian Cruise Line
- $209 & up -- S.C.: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, 35% OffThe Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $479 & up -- Weeklong Bermuda Cruises incl. ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $325 -- Oahu: 4-Star Waikiki Beach Resort, 20% OffSheraton Waikiki
- $2583* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand