News Stories Tagged walt disney world
At Disney, your little princesses can eat, sleep, and dress up just as princesses should. They can also hobnob with Cinderella, Belle, and other Disney royals.
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I of Bavaria) married Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. The royal festivities that followed became an annual tradition: the Munich festival now known the world over as Oktoberfest. Even if you're not Munich-bound for the festivities, you can don a dirndl or lederhosen and grab a bier at these local events instead.
Need to escape Walt Disney World, Universal, or SeaWorld? Head to one of Orlando's resort spas, all of which are indulgent enough to please any theme-park-weary parent, aching golfer, parched sunbather, or Disney—regardless of budget.
Make dining reservations before you leave home, especially for character dining experiences.If you don't, you might find yourself eating a hamburger (again) or leaving Walt Disney World for dinner.
First-time visitors to Disney World often make the mistake of thinking it's all about the rides. But parents constantly write to me about something else: how absolutely blown away their kids were at the chance to meet Mickey, Minnie, and the rest of the Disney characters. Here's how to maximize your character experience.
No one could have predicted the runaway success of the Walt Disney World Dining Plan. But how do you know which package to choose? And how can you make sure those dining credits are getting maximum bang for the buck? Here are some essential tips.
If there's any justice in the world, the genius who created FASTPASS is relaxing somewhere on his yacht. Because FASTPASS helps Walt Disney World theme-park guests drastically cut down on the amount of time spent waiting in line. Which means more rides, and fewer tantrums.
The good news: Orlando's Walt Disney World offers gi-normous parades, fireworks, and other evening spectacles so you can end your theme-park day with a bang. The bad news: Everybody knows the shows are fabulous, so virtually every guest in the park converges at one place and one time to watch them. The result is major crowds and hassles . . . unless, of course, you know a few insider tips.
The magical world of Disney can be an overwhelmingly complex place. Meal plans? Park hopper passes? On-site resorts? Luckily, our members know a thing or two about making the most of a visit to the Mouse. Here are some of the questions that crop up most often, paired with answers from our community.
The period from late September through November in Orlando usually brings bright beautiful days, cooler temperatures, and some of the lightest crowds all year, making it one of the best times to go to Walt Disney World. While weather and crowds are a factor, the real secret to enjoying Disney is to let your mantra be "quality over quantity." Keep these tips and suggestions in mind as you explore the parks.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com