News Stories Tagged walt disney world
Dollars can start to feel like Monopoly money when planning a Walt Disney World vacation for the family. So we put together our key picks for where to save, and what's worth splurging on.
Everyone knows about the popular rides—they've got the longest lines. But these 8 attractions are the hidden gems of Disney World. And with no lines, they'll bring smiles to faces even faster.
Most first time visitors to the Walt Disney World theme parks assume they'll have to stand in line for hours to meet Mickey. Here are seven great, unexpected, places to meet your favorite characters—in Orlando and beyond.
At Disney, your little princesses can eat, sleep, and dress up just as princesses should. They can also hobnob with Cinderella, Belle, and other Disney royals.
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I of Bavaria) married Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. The royal festivities that followed became an annual tradition: the Munich festival now known the world over as Oktoberfest. Even if you're not Munich-bound for the festivities, you can don a dirndl or lederhosen and grab a bier at these local events instead.
Need to escape Walt Disney World, Universal, or SeaWorld? Head to one of Orlando's resort spas, all of which are indulgent enough to please any theme-park-weary parent, aching golfer, parched sunbather, or Disney—regardless of budget.
Make dining reservations before you leave home, especially for character dining experiences.If you don't, you might find yourself eating a hamburger (again) or leaving Walt Disney World for dinner.
First-time visitors to Disney World often make the mistake of thinking it's all about the rides. But parents constantly write to me about something else: how absolutely blown away their kids were at the chance to meet Mickey, Minnie, and the rest of the Disney characters. Here's how to maximize your character experience.
No one could have predicted the runaway success of the Walt Disney World Dining Plan. But how do you know which package to choose? And how can you make sure those dining credits are getting maximum bang for the buck? Here are some essential tips.
If there's any justice in the world, the genius who created FASTPASS is relaxing somewhere on his yacht. Because FASTPASS helps Walt Disney World theme-park guests drastically cut down on the amount of time spent waiting in line. Which means more rides, and fewer tantrums.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- America's Best Wine Bars
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 15 Best Places to Drink Hot Chocolate in America
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways