News Stories Tagged walking tours
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. Here, author and professor Eric Jager highlights landmarks and scenes from the city's medieval past.
The iconic English (and Scottish and Irish) countryside is begging to be walked in, and you'd be hard-pressed to find better guides than the English Lakeland Ramblers. Even better, they've offered an exclusive deal just for Fodors.com readers!
It doesn't take long to see how rich Dublin's literary history is—statues and exhibits and favored pubs exist on every street corner. Discover the city's literary legends with this easy walking tour.
From dreamy views of the Mediterranean to the incredibly diverse street life, author Salma Abdelnour divulges the joys of exploring Beirut on foot. Here's her perfect itinerary.
This week, Fodor's takes you on a tour of Midtown's Best Architecture. From Grand Central to the Ritz, and along 42nd Street and Park Avenue, this walk highlights some of NYC's most iconic buildings.
This week, Fodor's guides you through NYC's Lower East Side. Follow this two-mile route to learn about the Jewish immigrants who made this neighborhood their home—long before it became a hipster haven.
This week, Fodor's takes you on a tour through Lower Manhattan's Financial District. Start at the iconic Wall Street Bull and follow along with our interactive map.
Explore the tasty restaurants, colorful galleries and hidden temples, curio shops, and an excellent museum of NYC's Chinatown on this one mile walk. Remember, this neighborhood is best explored with an open mind and an empty stomach.
This week, Fodor's takes you on a tour of the best stops—and shops—along one of New York City's most famous routes. You'll see why, for over a century, fabled Fifth Avenue has been synonymous with wealth, privilege, and luxury.
This NYC walking tour, just under two miles long, lets you walk in the footsteps of literary giants, exploring the Village's maze of streets. Poets, playwrights, and novelists have been drawn to this neighborhood since the early 1900s, staking out their own personal literary terrains in this creative and cultural hub.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $499 & up -- 4-Nt. La Romana All-Incl. Trip w/Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $799 -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star, 6-Nt. Trip w/Air, $1080 OffApple Vacations
- $739 & up -- 6-Nt. Vallarta Vacation on Private Beach w/AirApple Vacations
- $659 & up -- Cozumel: Beach Escape incl. Meals, Drinks & AirApple Vacations
- $699 & up -- Cayman Island Vacation Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fall Fares into November, One WayVirgin America