News Stories Tagged walking tours
Step out of the shadows of Manhattan's skyscrapers and venture off for a brush with the outer boroughs.
Discover a different side of your favorite city with an oddball tour that covers more than just the major sights.
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. Here, author and professor Eric Jager highlights landmarks and scenes from the city's medieval past.
The iconic English (and Scottish and Irish) countryside is begging to be walked in, and you'd be hard-pressed to find better guides than the English Lakeland Ramblers. Even better, they've offered an exclusive deal just for Fodors.com readers!
It doesn't take long to see how rich Dublin's literary history is—statues and exhibits and favored pubs exist on every street corner. Discover the city's literary legends with this easy walking tour.
From dreamy views of the Mediterranean to the incredibly diverse street life, author Salma Abdelnour divulges the joys of exploring Beirut on foot. Here's her perfect itinerary.
This week, Fodor's takes you on a tour of Midtown's Best Architecture. From Grand Central to the Ritz, and along 42nd Street and Park Avenue, this walk highlights some of NYC's most iconic buildings.
This week, Fodor's guides you through NYC's Lower East Side. Follow this two-mile route to learn about the Jewish immigrants who made this neighborhood their home—long before it became a hipster haven.
This week, Fodor's takes you on a tour through Lower Manhattan's Financial District. Start at the iconic Wall Street Bull and follow along with our interactive map.
Explore the tasty restaurants, colorful galleries and hidden temples, curio shops, and an excellent museum of NYC's Chinatown on this one mile walk. Remember, this neighborhood is best explored with an open mind and an empty stomach.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- $699 -- Oceanview: 7-Night Bermuda Cruise w/DrinksPriceline Cruises
- $156 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Costa Rica Resort w/TransfersBookIt.com
- $86 & up -- NYC: Manhattan Hotel near Times Square, 65% OffBookIt.com
- $84-$92 -- Brand New: Panama City Downtown Hotel, Save 45%Hyatt Place Panama City/Downtown
- $159 -- Downtown Pittsburgh Convention Center Hotel, 45% OffThe Westin Convention Center, Pittsburgh
- $659 & up -- Puerto Rico: 4-Star Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com