News Stories Tagged walking tours
Discover a different side of your favorite city with an oddball tour that covers more than just the major sights.
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. Here, author and professor Eric Jager highlights landmarks and scenes from the city's medieval past.
The iconic English (and Scottish and Irish) countryside is begging to be walked in, and you'd be hard-pressed to find better guides than the English Lakeland Ramblers. Even better, they've offered an exclusive deal just for Fodors.com readers!
It doesn't take long to see how rich Dublin's literary history is—statues and exhibits and favored pubs exist on every street corner. Discover the city's literary legends with this easy walking tour.
From dreamy views of the Mediterranean to the incredibly diverse street life, author Salma Abdelnour divulges the joys of exploring Beirut on foot. Here's her perfect itinerary.
This week, Fodor's takes you on a tour of Midtown's Best Architecture. From Grand Central to the Ritz, and along 42nd Street and Park Avenue, this walk highlights some of NYC's most iconic buildings.
This week, Fodor's guides you through NYC's Lower East Side. Follow this two-mile route to learn about the Jewish immigrants who made this neighborhood their home—long before it became a hipster haven.
This week, Fodor's takes you on a tour through Lower Manhattan's Financial District. Start at the iconic Wall Street Bull and follow along with our interactive map.
Explore the tasty restaurants, colorful galleries and hidden temples, curio shops, and an excellent museum of NYC's Chinatown on this one mile walk. Remember, this neighborhood is best explored with an open mind and an empty stomach.
This week, Fodor's takes you on a tour of the best stops—and shops—along one of New York City's most famous routes. You'll see why, for over a century, fabled Fifth Avenue has been synonymous with wealth, privilege, and luxury.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Hotel Opening: London's Ham Yard Hotel
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1199 -- 14-Nt. Panama Canal Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $8.50 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $75 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Sale into 2015, O/WVirgin America
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $749 -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Alaska Cruise w/All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $219 -- Hawaii: Waikiki 4-Star Beach Resort, Save 30%Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa