News Stories Tagged voluntourism
Give back while you travel the world through these meaningful volunteer opportunities.
Crystal Cruises is expanding its program aimed at connecting its guests with the residents of its port communities.
Traveling for work sounds glamorous but in reality is just airport delays and cold breakfast buffets. Not these jobs—they are dream jobs where travel (the good kind) is a main component.
Vacations do the body (and soul) good, and none more so than volunteer trips. They are among the best ways to really see, and connect with, the world. So we rounded up a few choice trips to get you started.
Sabbaticals offer some lucky workers opportunities for extended travel, but that’s not the only option for those in the workforce craving more time away than a simple week’s vacation allows for. A career break can also come in the form of a leave of absence or simply time between jobs. Think of it like a gap year—breaks from studying, long popular in Europe—for grown-ups. Read on for our career break 101 tutorial to help you make those long-term travel dreams a reality.
Combining travel and volunteering, voluntourism is a popular trend, whether it's helping the environment or local community. Here's what to expect and where to find the right program for you to give back while you travel.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Ultimate Guide to Louisville's Hip Neighborhoods
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit in 2015
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015