News Stories Tagged virginia
Winter may be for snow sports, and summer for swimming, but there is no shortage of outdoor activities for adventurous travelers come fall. Read on for nine great ways to "fall" into the great outdoors.
Washington, D.C., is a city of trees, with some 300 tree species spread out in its vicinity. Each fall, the parade of foliage colors here wows visitors and residents alike.
The quaint and charming town of Middleburg, Virginia, is now home to a luxe resort and spa with swanky amenities, locally-sourced cuisine, and an enticing spa.
Virginia's Shenandoah Valley is the perfect spot for an autumnal East Coast getaway, whether for a weekend or more. From farm-to-table cuisine to outdoor adventures, there's plenty to do.
Road trips are a favorite summer pastime and there are endless drives to take in the US. But there are a few that are truly iconic, passing stunning scenes and charming towns. Here are the 4 you just can't miss.
From breweries and distilleries to homemade bourbon cake and classic crispy fried chicken, you will not go hungry (or thirtsy) in Virginia. Drive an hour (or less) from its major cities and you're in foodie heaven.
Picture this: a city slicker pulls into Floyd, Virginia, (a one-stoplight town) to hit the dance floor at the Country Store for the weekly live bluegrass jam. Utter joy ensues.
What goes together better than oysters, wine, and kayaks? Apparently nothing, as our intrepid adventurer finds out when she hits the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
Both Lincoln (Abe) and Lincoln (Daniel Day Lewis' movie) had Richmond as a stomping ground, albeit in different centuries. The historic city should be your next weekend away...here's why.
Thomas Jefferson's Monticello is an iconic American house with an incredibly rich history. And Jon Meacham, author of Thomas Jefferson out this month, thinks there are at least 7 great reasons to go...now.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- $649 -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian w/CreditPriceline Cruises
- $199 -- Bahamas Atlantis in Spring incl. Air CreditAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $39 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa
- $1749 -- 14-Night Mediterranean Cruise w/ExtrasPriceline Cruises
- $294 & up -- Bahamas 'Atlantis' incl. $300 in CreditAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $1999 -- Australia's Rainforest & Wine Country w/4-Star AirQantas Vacations