News Stories Tagged viking river cruises
The frenzy to build the best new cruise ship is in full swing. With a number of fantastic new ships premiering throughout 2014, here are a few of the standouts we can't wait to sail on soon.
Expand your travel horizons and book one of these off-the-beaten-path river cruises. Adventure awaits on Africa’s Chobe River, the Dnieper in Ukraine, Myanmar’s Ayeyarwaddy, and Portugal and Spain’s Douro River.
Waived single supplements, luxurious new ships, all-inclusive fares, and a variety of inventive new itineraries from Europe to Myanmar are the calling cards of the river cruise industry in 2014.
River cruising is a vacation all its own, and if you've never been on one, you may not know what to expect. So upon return from a wondrous Viking river cruise, one Fodor's editor breaks it down for us.
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and the Mediterranean.
Colorful cathedrals, opulent palaces, and Hermitage masterpieces are standard fare on a Russian holiday, but sailing Russia's rivers offers another side to the world's largest country.
Viking River Cruises is entering a whole new playing field: the ocean. They are set to launch Viking Ocean Cruises over the next few years, with details on itineraries and maiden voyages to come.
Wind along Europe's vast network of ancient waterways on riverboats and barges, ranging from low-key to opulent. Here are eight of the best that make intriguing and mouthwatering stops along the way.
River cruising in Portugal's Douro River Valley—a delightful region comprised of old-world villages and vineyard-coated countryside—is booming, with next year's cruise calendar ramping up its offerings, courtesy of three major river cruse lines. AmaWaterways is debuting a duo of fresh itineraries and a new vessel; Viking River Cruises is making their first-ever foray into Portugal; and Portugal river cruise pioneer Uniworld is ensuring its firm foothold in the region with a shiny new ship.
The world's premier river cruise company, Viking River Cruises, is poised to invoke its inner Viking as it commemorates the line's 15th anniversary year with an aggressive expansion campaign. Not only will they be launching six new ships on European rivers by August, but they're completely revamping their Russian vessels, to boot.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $679 & up -- Cabo: Riu Resort w/Kid's Club Trip incl. AirApple Vacations
- $659 & up -- Cozumel: Beach Escape incl. Meals, Drinks & AirApple Vacations
- $215 & up -- Florida: 4-Star Hollywood Resort & Spa, 40% OffThe Westin Diplomat
- $299 -- Maui: Oceanfront 4-Star Resort, Save 20%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $1092* & up -- Fly to Argentina from Across the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Spring Fares into June, One WayVirgin America