News Stories Tagged vietnam
Think French colonial-meets-local cuisine, picture-perfect scenes, and warm-hearted locals and you'll have no reason not to book it to Vietnam. Especially since we packed so well for you.
From the chaotic streets of Ho Chi Minh City to the cool interiors of a soon-to-be-abandoned temple (where my fortune was read), this motorbike tour brought us to the local level and was unforgettable.
River cruises can offer a whole new way to see an exotic locale. Take a trip down the Mekong River with AmaWaterways for an immersive and luxurious experience.
Between Ho Chi Minh City in the South and Ha Noi to the North, is the slower-paced waterfront Hoi An. Dr. Vincent Lam, author of The Headmaster's Wager gives us his inside guide to Hoi An, where he researched his novel.
Susan Feniger's new book, Street Food, features recipes culled from her travels to Southeast Asia and beyond. So we caught up with her to chat about her favorite places, experiences, and tips. She threw in a sweepstakes for a trip to Vietnam for good measure. Read on (and enter).
Budget airline VietJetAir got into trouble this week after hosting an impromptu, bikini-clad dance party in-flight. They're being fined, but seeing that free teddy bears came with the show, some might say it was worth it.
Experience an oasis at the beachfront Anantara Mui Ne Resort & Spa, located near the South China Sea in a sleepy fishing village, some 120 miles from Ho Chi Minh City.
Southeast Asia is the new destination du jour for luxury-minded travelers who appreciate great value. Discerning travelers delight in Southeast Asia, where reasonably priced five-star hotels abound and indulgence is newly defined. With so many options, it can be a difficult task to choose the resorts truly worthy of your vacation dollars. Happily, we've narrowed down the dizzying array of choices for you: Indulge in the opulence of one of our five favorite extravagant escapes in Southeast Asia.
If you’re planning to travel during late January or early February, be sure to take the Tet Festival into account. Hotels are often fully booked far in advance, and many services are closed down for extended periods.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $100 & up -- Suite: 4-Star Punta Cana Resort w/Flight CreditBookIt.com
- $1899 -- Guided Jordan & Dead Sea Adventure w/Air, $1195 OffGate 1 Travel
- $789 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $229 & up -- Ends 12/2: Caribbean Cruises w/$250 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $128-$136 -- Maine: Downtown Portland Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Portland Harborview
- $719* & up -- 2015 Fares to Europe from the U.S., R/TAir France