News Stories Tagged vietnam
Last week, JW Marriott Hanoi debuted in Hanoi, Vietnam, following in the footsteps of two other JW Marriott hotels that opened across Asia recently.
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need not share with other hotel guests. At these seven properties, enjoy a plunge pool to call your very own.
Bustling cities, serene coastal towns, and historic sites throughout, Vietnam is a big, beautiful, complex country that will win you over. One insider gives us essential tips for seeing it all.
Amanoi is Aman Resort's newest ultra-luxe retreat in Vinh Hy Bay, Vietnam. Expect the group's signature design and amenities mixed with unparalleled views and an extensive spa.
Luxury resort group Anantara is expanding its reach in Southeast Asia with its new property in Hoi An City, Vietnam. With five dining options, a plush spa, and calming environs, it's an enticing escape.
Yes, the words 'Vietnam' and 'road trip' might sound scary when put all together. But believe us, once you've made it out of bustling Hanoi, the countryside offers many multi-sensorial rewards.
Think French colonial-meets-local cuisine, picture-perfect scenes, and warm-hearted locals and you'll have no reason not to book it to Vietnam. Especially since we packed so well for you.
From the chaotic streets of Ho Chi Minh City to the cool interiors of a soon-to-be-abandoned temple (where my fortune was read), this motorbike tour brought us to the local level and was unforgettable.
River cruises can offer a whole new way to see an exotic locale. Take a trip down the Mekong River with AmaWaterways for an immersive and luxurious experience.
Between Ho Chi Minh City in the South and Ha Noi to the North, is the slower-paced waterfront Hoi An. Dr. Vincent Lam, author of The Headmaster's Wager gives us his inside guide to Hoi An, where he researched his novel.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $599 & up -- 5-Nt. Jamaica All-Incl. Getaway w/Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $179-$197 -- NYC: Weekends at 4-Star Downtown HotelSheraton New York Tribeca
- $189-$199 -- Weekends at Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star HotelThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $449 & up -- Bermuda Weeklong Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $769 & up -- Cancun: Iberostar Garden Bungalow Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $1528 & up -- Escorted 7-Nt. Sicily Splendors Land-Only TourApple Vacations