News Stories Tagged vienna
A night out at a Broadway show, opera, or concert can easily set you back a cool Benjamin (or more). While students and seniors can often catch a price break, finding discounted seats requires a bit more digging for the rest of us. Read on for some terrific tips on snagging great seats and getting cultured on the cheap.
Admittedly, Europe's "Big 3" are hard to beat. But if you're looking for new experiences, our Europe-trotting Fodorites recommend where to go after you've been to Paris, London, and Rome.
Even with such a rich past, Vienna is still a living city, and the best parts are when that historic past gets muddled with a dose of modern life in a potent cocktail that's very much Viennese.
Most Viennese restaurants charge a small fee for each roll that is eaten. Increasingly, however, eateries are using a per-person cover charge, which includes all the bread you want, usually with an herb spread and butter.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- $116 & up -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 55% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $499 & up -- Ends 4/5: Bermuda Cruise w/Up to $300 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $199 & up -- Bahamas: Weekend Cruises on Norwegian w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $39* & up -- Nationwide Fares into June on Virgin AmericaVirgin America
- $119-$149 -- CA: Sonoma Wine Country Hotel incl. WeekendsDoubleTree Sonoma Wine Country
- $185 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 30% OffSheraton Boston